ANUBIS GATE - The Detached...wow man!

Wherewolf

New Metal Member
Nov 28, 2008
The new Anubis Gate is AMAZING! It's even a step up from the last cd "Andromeda Unchained"! Jacob Hansens vocals are great and the songs have their heaviest moments as well as their most melodic stuff as well! This is out on March 30 on Locomotive records!:headbang:

Hmm. I don't know. You think there's an amazing/brilliant prog or powermetal album released almost every other day.

Hmm. I don't know. You think there's an amazing/brilliant prog or powermetal album released almost every other day.

LOL! Well, In all honesty that's true, but I can sit here all at once and tell you about 30 great new bands on the horizon and also tell you there are a boat load of shitty bands I have listened to but why post about the not so good bands. The funny part is I DID in fact say I was disappointed with the new Ryche cd. Nonetheless...I have a lot of time on my hands these days so I tend to try to be informative. But yes, Anubis Gate is IMO a no brainer. But Cheiron, I have a question for you...Does it bother you? There is a completely "NEGATIVE ASSHOLE FORUM" to visit for all the "lets shit on everyone and their posts" threads called PMX:puke:

* I happen to feel this is a more positive and happy community ! This is not a personal attack on you at all, I am just saying I prefer to keep things light hearted (minus my attack on PMX of course)...In ending...I think you might find most of the bands I bring here are in fact quality, but that's only my opinion.. I try!

LOL.

I think hes probably just chuckling the fact that you post a new thread for every band you love thats releasing new material (doesnt bother me).

If I posted a new thread for every new release/new band I found to be ass kicking the entire 1st page would be new threads by me. ;)

BTW I agree it is a great album! Plan on spinning a few tracks on todays show!

Andromeda Unchained was a big let down after AG lost their original singer...the new singer is just generic. l'll d/l this and give a listen before even thinking about buying it...but l don't hold high hopes for it.

Andromeda Unchained was a big let down after AG lost their original singer...the new singer is just generic. l'll d/l this and give a listen before even thinking about buying it...but l don't hold high hopes for it.

QFT.

I was OK with NW changing singers (as Tarja was obviously acting like a C*&T and needed replacing) but I never heard a valid reason for the change at Anubis Gate.

IMO the unique sound of the band suffered from it.

The new guy is a better singer. But that does not mean the band is better.

I was OK with NW changing singers (as Tarja was obviously acting like a C*&T and needed replacing) but I never heard a valid reason for the change at Anubis Gate.

A "valid reason"?

Is it only valid if someone is an idiot and needs to be kicked out??????

What about musical differences, personal obligations or if the band members just doesn't see eye-to-eye on the band' future?

c.

A "valid reason"?

Is it only valid if someone is an idiot and needs to be kicked out??????

What about musical differences, personal obligations or if the band members just doesn't see eye-to-eye on the band' future?

c.

I said I never heard of a valid reason for the switch at Anubis Gate.
To be more clear...I never heard a reason for the switch that sticks in my mind.

Surely someone here knows something more than a generic "creative differences" or "the band wanted to change direction" type of reason.

I said I never heard of a valid reason for the switch at Anubis Gate.
To be more clear...I never heard a reason for the switch that sticks in my mind.

Surely someone here knows something more than a generic "creative differences" or "the band wanted to change direction" type of reason.

I was working with the band at the time (as their manager) and I can tell you that the split was very amicable. Torben, the old singer, is still a very good friend of the band. What happened was simply that the band had some shows lined up (a.o. ProgPower Europe) around the time following the release of their second album, and Torben at that time had serious problems with his voice. The band did the shows with Henrik (the bassist) singing, but felt that they needed a real singer for future shows and albums, and since they weren't sure if Torben would be back, they went ahead with finding another singer, which eventually ended up being Jacob, the guy who had produced all their albums, and with whom Jesper (guitar) had played with many years earlier in Invocator. Everything went smoothly and there was no bad blood between any of the parties. Torben's personal obligations (in this situation to take care of his health) was the reason for the split.

In my opinion it's stupid/ridiculous to have to discuss the bands decision for doing this or that - I have no idea why you're so obsessed about knowing what goes on behind the scenes, but now you know ...

c.

I think a better story for Torben leavin AG would be that after a few years of playing with the guy, the rest of the members discover that he is, in fact, the Loch Ness Monster (which explains why he was always demanding 3.50 ["tree fiddy"] from everyone...). Getting Jacon would definitely have been the better idea then--you don't want a 90-foot-tall creature from the Mesozoic Era as your frontman. That's bad news.

haha, from anubis gate to ice cream

anyways, i havent finished the whole cd, but ive listened to about 5 tracks so far, and its REALLY good. im liking the tone alot. these guys are getting so much better! I don't see the reason to hate on jacob, but to each his own. im loving this band and cant wait to see em live.

jacob plays guitar for beyond twilight right? what the hell are those guys up to?

haha, from anubis gate to ice cream

anyways, i havent finished the whole cd, but ive listened to about 5 tracks so far, and its REALLY good. im liking the tone alot. these guys are getting so much better! I don't see the reason to hate on jacob, but to each his own. im loving this band and cant wait to see em live.

jacob plays guitar for beyond twilight right? what the hell are those guys up to?

As far as Beyond Twilight, Yes, Jacob is their guitarist as well but...HMMM..nice question! I HEARD that Truls (drummer) from Circus Maximus was going to actually sing lead vocals on the new cd...apart from that, knowing Finn, he might be at the bottom of the Indian ocean or in a volcano writing the songs for the next cd,!!!!:lol:
:lol: