Any OZZFEST predictions before tonights announcement?

I can honestly say that I've never been to an Ozzfest.

~Brian~

same.

I've never had an interest...not only because of the bands in that past, but I'm so spoiled from ProgPower a lot of other festivals seem like they're just full of ignorant jackasses in the crowd and that just isn't something I'd like to subject myself to. Then again, if Firewind is on Ozzfest then I might just brave the sea of ignorance.

from smnnews forum:

Main Stage

Ozzy Osbourne (to headline)
Rammstein or Slipknot or Euro-UK/allstar Act or Stone Sour (to co-headline)
Alice in Chains - doubt this since they are touring with Mastodon and Deftones
Them Crooked Vultures
Mastodon - doubt this since they touring with deftones and Alice in Chains
Fear Factory

Second/Third Stage(s)

Down or DevilDriver (to headline)
Skeletonwitch
Whitechapel
Dirge Within
Children of Bodom - Recording so this probably isnt right either
Mutiny Within
Baroness

Well done!!
Seriously. It does amaze me whenever people ask questions that can easily be answered with a simple google search.

The lineup above though is rather outdated, as since that was originally released in Jan, COB has booked studio time. I suppose they might choose to push recording back for this. Who knows.

Also, AIC / Deftones / Mastadon is a separate package, so remove them as well. Obviously whoever listed them just got early word that they would be on tour at the same time.

same.

I've never had an interest...not only because of the bands in that past, but I'm so spoiled from ProgPower a lot of other festivals seem like they're just full of ignorant jackasses in the crowd and that just isn't something I'd like to subject myself to. Then again, if Firewind is on Ozzfest then I might just brave the sea of ignorance.

I've been to one. The one with Pantera, and except for Pantera the whole thing sucked eggs. Will not go again.

Also, this is not an official metal package, since it is missing:
Powerglove
Into Eternity
Swashbuckle

Rumor has it, they are all teaming up for the, "You fucking have to be kidding me? You haven't seen our band yet" summer tour!

Only one I went to was 2005, primarily for Maiden.
Was finally the perfect time to see Sabbath live as well, so major win for me.
That one was cool too, as it had a lot of bands I liked, but would not bother seeing live anymore (IE - In Flames, Arch Enemy, Haunted, etc)

It seriously was a fun day, but it would definitely take something major to get me back.

You really want me to ruin the surprise???

That would really Drive the Devils mad!!!!!
Don't get too Down on the fact that your pet Vultures might get all Crooked over the announcement. The Factory you work at will have no Fear.

I love Them Crooked Vultures, but I don't see how they can possibly do well with the Ozzfest crowd.

Fair enough.
I have only seen them as imports.
Still though, no longer being on Nuc Blast would severely hurt their chances on getting on such a tour. I doubt whatever label they are on these days, can't recall which it is, would be able to afford the buy on anyhow.

Don't get me wrong. I completely agree with you as I don't see how there's a chance in hell they would do Ozzfest. Though, I think with a lot of the bands on this forum we like, they I do think are one of the bands that would actually get a good reception.

yep...not a single decent band on there.

I would have to disagree with you there.

As I said in the response to Jason, I don't think Them Crooked Vultures fits the metal crowd. I love them and find them to be a great band but again I don't see how the Ozzfest crowd will like them.

You really don't like Alice in Chains? Interesting. I don't think they will be one of them though, because they just announced they'll be doing a fall tour with Deftones and Mastodon, which I think cancels out Mastodon as well. Them I find to be a great band in addition and always find it interesting those who don't like them, though I could understand it more on their earlier stuff why people wouldn't like them.

Down is probably one of the best touring bands around period.

Baroness would be really awesome, but unfortunately they would probably get one of the smaller sets of the day which is unfortunate.

I've never understood the craze with Fear Factory. They've always seemed like a Ministry wannabe band to me.

Down is the most solid band on that list, but their best touring bill is probably the one they did last year with The Melvins and Weedeater (although I'm sure they've done other cool tours that I missed). If they've ever toured with C.O.C., that one wins.

Perhaps a bit overstated.

Mastodon - very good band
Fear Factory - not my cup of tea, but a solid band none the less
Down - awesome band
Baroness - very good band

In the end, will I go to see this? No.

And you can see Mastodon with Baroness and Between the Buried And Me currently.
Mastodon has most of July/August open but 3 US tours in a 4 month span seems a bit overkill.

Perhaps a bit overstated.

Mastodon - very good band
Fear Factory - not my cup of tea, but a solid band none the less
Down - awesome band
Baroness - very good band

In the end, will I go to see this? No.
Agreed. The only Ozzfest I went to was in 2003. Had a blast, but lost interest after that. I'll only go if I'm working. Which is the only reason I'm to the Mayhem Festival. Check out the lineup and let me know if I should attempt to actually watch any of it. Maybe Shadows Fall and Chimera. Oh, and Rob's always a ton of fun.

Wait..............what??????????????

Seems to be a trend today.

Someone thinks that people hate THE NEW ORDER????????????

That's what he said in another thread... I guess he can't take time out of his busy schedule of posting Blabbermouth.net articles here to listen to a CLASSIC cd and realize that it's fucking awesome. As for the comment about FF just being Ministry wannabes... I can't even respond to that with a straight face...

That's what he said in another thread... I guess he can't take time out of his busy schedule of posting Blabbermouth.net articles here to listen to a CLASSIC cd and realize that it's fucking awesome. As for the comment about FF just being Ministry wannabes... I can't even respond to that with a straight face...

To clarify, when I went to check I did have it. I was confusing that album with The Ritual. Obviously I don't listen to Testament all that much.

What in the hell are you even talking about? The Ritual is an amazing album too!?

Listen, I'm just saying in terms of people I know and a lot of reviews I've heard of the album. Sheesh! Most people I know have said it's pretty poor compared to most other Testament albums. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong but don't take it so much to heart, dude.

Listen, I'm just saying in terms of people I know and a lot of reviews I've heard of the album. Sheesh! Most people I know have said it's pretty poor compared to most other Testament albums. Maybe they're right, maybe they're wrong but don't take it so much to heart, dude.

I WILL take it so much to heart! I AM HIGHLY OFFENDED AT YOUR REMARKS!!!!!! :Smug:

hahahaha I thought I was the only one who noticed that he did this too.