Ozzfest bands announced

Hmmm, Behemoth and Cthonic. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, here's hoping for an off-date here in Atl. :headbang:

That's the ONE thing Sharon has done right with this...allowing bands to play off-dates during the Ozzfest tour, presumably closer to Ozzfest cities than before.
I think the 'exclusion radius' was 250 miles in years past.
Ozzfest date within that range = no off-date.

Bad thing for me about ChthoniC and Lordi being on: Hopefully, they WON'T cancel their Wacken slots, since two of the Ozzfest dates conflict with two of the days of Wacken.

Incidentally, Sharon has raised the buy-in price for bands on the second stage this year by 33%, too....which helps explains why the show is 'free.'
Nope. The label usually ponies up the cash, not the bands, but still.....
BTW, $75,000 is sooooo last year.

Just wondering ... where did you get this information? Anything that you can link to? I'm curious ... and also having a disagreement on the Ozzfest forum with someone, although I'm not sure why I'm bothering to try to educate their baligerent ass. :Smug:

Also, do you happen to know what cut the Osbourne's make from Ozzfest if any at all? I've heard that they don't make anything, but I don't buy it.

Bad thing for me about ChthoniC and Lordi being on: Hopefully, they WON'T cancel their Wacken slots, since two of the Ozzfest dates conflict with two of the days of Wacken.
I would hope not, Wacken vs. Ozzfest. Come on! You've have to be a complete idiot to be struggling with that decision as a metal band.

Also, since it's free and there are some decent bands, I would like to go this year, but it looks like I won't be able to since they are not stopping at Nissan and the closest stop is in Camden, NJ (I think Ozzfest listed it as Philli, PA so as not to scare folks away) and it's on a Wednesday which would require getting off of work. Not worth it for Ozzfest, even if it is free.

Just wondering ... where did you get this information? Anything that you can link to? I'm curious ... and also having a disagreement on the Ozzfest forum with someone, although I'm not sure why I'm bothering to try to educate their baligerent ass. :Smug:

Also, do you happen to know what cut the Osbourne's make from Ozzfest if any at all? I've heard that they don't make anything, but I don't buy it.

I would hope not, Wacken vs. Ozzfest. Come on! You've have to be a complete idiot to be struggling with that decision as a metal band.

Who are you arguing with over there?

Also, they gave me shit on there when I said that I hope Lordi and Chthonic don't cancel Wacken.

Nope. The label usually ponies up the cash, not the bands, but still.....
BTW, $75,000 is sooooo last year.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't even want to know how much it is this year! .... and of course I know it's really the labels that pay, but for the sake of convo saying "bands" was much easier of a general statement, and I think my point still remains. :D

Not to sound like an asshole or anything but concerning the payout to play on the second stage, a label doesn't always cover everything. In an interview with Bjorn from Soilwork he just straight out said they paid half and the label fronted the other half but that it was getting recouped. Other than hearsay "My friend heard from a friend..." with musicians that's about the only "hard" fact I have in front of me. I'm sure there's other stuff out there by smaller acts on the net.

The $75,000 previous-year buy-in is fairly common knowledge, and I have friends in a band that played Ozzfest several years ago who confirmed it.

Also, it's my understanding that the buy-in amount for each band is printed on the tour itinerary. So, there are no secrets on the tour. :)

Frankly, me either.