Anyone see Iced Earth this month (Nov)?

AirGuitarLoonhouse

Professional Headbanger
Jul 23, 2007
Chicago
Has anyone seen Iced Earth on this latest leg of their tour?

Reason I ask, is I would like to see them Fri here in Chicago, but I have another committment that night too. I am wondering when they have hit the stage in Texas, last night in Colorado, and tonight in Minnesota.

There are 3 openers starting at 6:15. If each band plays 1/2 hour with around 20 min per set change. I am calculating Iced to go on around 9:45 at the earliest.

If my estimate is correct, then I think I am going to target hitting the Metro at about 10pm.

ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Get there earlier!!!

Metro runs like clockwork. Call ahead. They will know the exact set times for each band.

A few years back, many thought they could get to the Iced Earth show later, and many missed Evergrey.

Dolamite and I accidentely got in the backstage area where the bands walk through (wasn't roped off) and I got to see the venue schedule. They had both local openers on stage for 30 minutes, 25 minute setup in between, then Early Man played for about 45 minutes or an hour and Iced Earth hit the stage at 10:15, promptly.

Your estimation is spot on. They will be on stage around 10:10-20.

According to the Iced Earth MySpace page, tickets are 2-for-1 at The Metro: just $12.50 apiece instead of $25 apiece.

That can only mean one thing: Sales are down and they're desperate.

Makes it mighty tempting. But it's not the price of the tickets that's a stopper for us. It's the cost of the journey from Grand Rapids to Chicago.

Still, 1/2 price IE tix is very, very tempting.

Bill

Ya, my math was bad. Dorors are 6pm and show starts at 6:15. It should have targeted around 9:15pm as follows. Not sure I'll be able to swing it. Thanks all for responding.
6:15 - 6:45 band 1
6:45 - 7:05 set change
7:05 - 7:35 band 2
7:35 - 7:55 set change
7:55 - 8:45 Early Man (call it 50 min)
8:55 - 9:15 set change
9:15 - ? Iced Earth

I posted this in the other IE thread, but I figured just in case I'd post it here, too:

For anyone still considering it, I called the Metro, and they didn't know what time IE would go on, but he said the show would be over by 10, so I'm guessing 8-8:30.

The show in St. Paul was great! We had a lot of fun, did the meet and greet, and got to take the band to one of Nathan's theatres to watch Quantum of Solace, which was equally great. Their set was different than PP, not by much, but they had The Coming Curse and Pure Evil in the list.