Bands setlists

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
I hope the bands that are playing here realize what a special event this festival will be. Im hoping bands like Edguy, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian and Angra dont just carry over the setlist from their Euro tours and just play that in Atlanta. Heres some songs that if I heard live Id probably shit myself.

Edguy
Fairytale, ARROWS FLY!!!!! (hint hint)

Blind Guardian
Precious Jerusalem, Battlefield, Run for the Night, Sadly Sings Destiny, ( I know three of those are new but so far as I know theyre not playing em in Europe ), Bright Eyes,and when Sorrow Sang.

Angra
Hell play anything but they better play NOVA ERA!!!!!!

Gamma Ray
Razorblade Sigh, No Return, Men Martians and Machines.

These are all just my own little list of favorites but Im sure most people would agree with em. I hope what I said makes sense. Its three AM here and my contacts are blurry so I cant see my screen. By the way Im 17 (18 by the time the festival happens)and have been listening to the above mentioned bands for 4 years so I dont consider myself a "fashion fan" of Power Metal. Hahaa thats an oxymoron here where i live. Oh yea dont get me wrong Im not here for the "Big Four" alone. Im gonna be there to see Silent Force, Threshold (best new discovery of 2002 for me) Zero Hour, Pain of Salvation, Reading Zero is enjoyable and I havent heard much Devin Townsend. OH GOD I cant wait.....

There's so many songs I want the bands to play. I really really want to (basically need to) hear Edguy do Pharaoh live. I know they are in Europe on tour, but with the shorter set here and it being a long(er) song...I have a feelign it won't be on there.

I'd LOVE to hear and then here was silence from BG, I don't care how many samples they need, I just want to hear it live....I think that's out of the question though. lol. I'll settle for Journey Through the Dark and Age of False Innocence.

Gamma Ray just has a ton of awesome songs, but I can't wait to hear Rebellion in Dreamland, hopefully Heaven and Hell, Heaven Can Wait, Strangers in the Night, etc.

I also hope and am pretty sure that Silent Force will play at least 1 Royal Hunt song...preferably Message to God and/or Far Away.

Angra will open w/ Nova Era for sure!! After a almost 10 minutes long intro! LOL Everyone complains about this brief intro.. LOL

I hope they play their new song in portuguese! I love it...

I don't care about they are going to play I just want to see Blind Guardian and Angra playing...but if they play Time What is Tme and Carry On I will be very happy!!!

Angra RLZ!!!

It's interesting because Gamma Ray are asking European fans to vote for their set lists so they can play the rarities - I guess they've played Land of the Free a billion times now in Europe...

...however, since this is their first visit to the US, I can only imagine that they would want to play their 'classics' since it's a new audience? I want them to play Land of the Fee and Abyss of the Void back to back!

Edguy play Fairytale all the time - that is a regular live track for them - although Arrows Fly would be incredible.

If you read recent live reviews of the bands, you can get an idea of what set lists we may get. For example, Edguy do throw in a few songs from Savage Poetry such as Key to my Fate.

They've been playng Caca e Cacador in Brazil, so why not play in Atlanta?
Actually, they mix it all up.. They start off singing in english (Hunters and prey), and the chorus they sing in portuguese (Caca e Cacador) !=)

Yea Ive been reading lots of concert reviews of Edguy, Gamma, Blind Guardian and Angra. Hell I know theyll play Nova Era and most of Rebirth which is in my opinion their best album yet. Speaking of which anyone got the new Shaman its amazing as well. Not to sound like an ass but the Angra split is the best thing that could have happened as a fan. Im hoping Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray and all of the bands go, "Well everyone thats gonna show up is gonna be a hardcore fan lets surprise em" DOnt get me wrong I just want a song or two thats "unearthed" I dont wanna see Gamma Ray open with Countdown go into Pray and then bust out with Your Turn is Over. What am I saying play whatever you want Ill still leave the happiest person alive no matter what songs they play. HAHAHAHAHAHHA SIX MONTHS !!!! Glenn I have to say man that ProgPower is the best fucking metal festival in the USA. Im sick of Death Metal/Hardcore festivals that have ONE BAND I wanna see. Four months from now. Hey is anyone coming from Texas?

6 months? Hey Daybreaker, don't make the wait any longer than it already is. By my count, it's only 127 Days, 9 Hours and 20 short minutes away.

As for setlists, I'm not picky. All I want is for each of the bands to play their 10-15 songs that I personally like best.

GZ

My wish list is as follows:

Reading Zero, Threshold, Pain of Salvation, Devin Townsend and Zero Hour: they can play whatever they want. I do like most of these bands but I don't really know which songs I would prefer since I don;t listen to them very much.

Silent Force: I hope they play songs from both their album (like 50/50)

Edguy: Out of Control (I hope Hansi joins them for that one!), Arrow Fly, Unbeliever, How Many Miles, Until We Rise Again, Mandrake, etc.

Gamma Ray: Rebellion in Dreamland, Land of the Free, Man on a Mission, Abyss of the Void, Razorblade Sigh, Dethrone Tyranny, Eagle, Somewhere Out in Space, Anywhee in the Galaxy, Tribute to the Past, Heal Me, Future Madhouse (to go crazy!), Lust for Life, Future World, Ride the Sky, etc.....

Angra:
-From Angels Cry: Carry On, Angels Cry, Streets of Tomorrow, Evil Warning
-Holy Land: Nothing To Say, Carolina IV (might be too long though), ZITO, Make Believe
-Fireworks: Metal Icarus, Lisbon
-Rebirth: Nova Era, Unholy Wars, Millenium Sun, Acid rain, Rebirth, Running Alone, and also include Hunters and Prey.

Blind Guardian:
-Battallions of Fear: Majesty
-Follow the Blind: Banished from Sanctuary, Valhalla
-Tales from Twilight: Traveller in Time, Goodbye my friend, Welcome to Dying, Lost in a Twilight Hall
-Somewhere Far Beyond: Time what is Time, Journey Through the Dark, Ashes to Ashes, Bard Song (in forest), Somewhere Far Beyond
-Imaginations: Imaginations, Bright Eyes, Mordred Song, Bonr in a Mourning Hall, I'm Alive....the whole fucking CD!!!
-Nightfall: Curse of Feanor, Nightfall, Mirror Mirror, Noldor, Time Stands Still, When Sorrow Sang
-ANATO: Battlefield, Punishment Divine, The Soulforged, Under the Ice, Age of False Innocence
It doesn't really matter what Blind Guardian plays because they don's have any bad songs (except for a couple on Follow the Blind).

This concert is going to rule!!!
:lol: :lol: :D

I can't wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!

Angra's Set list in Porto Alegre, Brazil last week:

In Excelsis / Nova Era
Acid Rain
Angels Cry
Heroes Of Sand
Metal Icarus
Millennium Sun
solo Felipe / solo Aquiles
Reaching Horizons / Bleeding Heart (sung by Rafael)
Make Believe
Unholy Wars
Rebirth
Percussion interlude
Hunters And Prey (english/portuguese)
solo Kiko
Running Alone
Crossing / Nothing To Say
Unfinished Allegro / Carry On
Pra Frente Brasil (A jingle the band did for a brazilian Sports Channel, world cup related!!)! yep! Angra is on TV in brazil! Rebirth sold more than 100.000 CD'S over there... That's a lot!

Originally posted by alexofbodom

Gamma Ray: Rebellion in Dreamland, Land of the Free, Man on a Mission, Abyss of the Void, Razorblade Sigh, Dethrone Tyranny, Eagle, Somewhere Out in Space, Anywhee in the Galaxy, Tribute to the Past, Heal Me, Future Madhouse (to go crazy!), Lust for Life, Future World, Ride the Sky, etc.....

You could be psychic. :)

Throw in No World Order and Future World and you may hit the mark perfectly based on their NWO tour setlist in Europe.

However, I'd personally also like to see Gardens of the Sinner, Watcher in the Sky, Lake of Tears, and of course the AWESOME Damn the Machine.

I've just become an Angra fan. I used to really dislike them, but I forced myself to listen to more of their stuff in preparation for PP, and I realized it kicks ass :cool: My question is, everyone here seems to be all Rebirth crazy, and for good reason. But I also really love Holy Land, and I'm wondering if there's much of a chance of hearing a few songs off that album, or if it's been left in the past by the band? I think all the songs on that album are really inventive and made my opinion of Angra turn around, before I heard Rebirth. I'm just happy they got rid of that old singer, 'cause he was kinda annoying.
*Crosses his finger for the minute possibility of "Carolina IV" live*

I believe that for the tour in Europe, they did Nothing to Say, and Make Believe (I think is the name). I'd love to hear Z.I.T.O.

I honestly wish they'd do more from Fireworks as well. They've only been doing Metal Icarus I think, which I love, but there's many great ones on that cd as well.

I've 'finally' gotten semi into Andre's vocals...and I just recently got his new side project Shaman...and it's very very good. His vocals are quite a bit different on it though. It's more like older Angra/Holy Land than Rebirth. Tobias Sammet from Edguy does a duet with Andre on the last track as well. Highly Recommended.