Bands you would like to see reunite and play ProgPower?

ProgMetalFan

In the attic
Jan 3, 2002
PITTSBURGH
I'd like to see the following defunct metal bands reunite and grace the ProgPower stage in the future.

Conception - Though not fitting easily into either the Prog or Power categories... their innovative melodic metal of the mid-90's laid much of the foundation for the burgeoning Prog/Power scenes to come. Vocalist Roy Khan and Tore Ostby have continued on with successful acts (Kamelot and ARK) but I will always long for the return of Conception.

MadSword - Awesome Italian prog-metal band that released their debut full-length "A Global Village" in 2000 and quickly vanished. Balancing warm, lush soundscapes and dizzying technicality, these Italians forged a truly unique sound.

Both of them would be great. Khan mentioned that Conception will be working together again, I think next year, not sure if they will ever tour again but wouldn't a couple of fests be nice.

Bear

"MadSword - Awesome Italian prog-metal band that released their debut full-length "A Global Village" in 2000 and quickly vanished. Balancing warm, lush soundscapes and dizzying technicality, these Italians forged a truly unique sound."

A Global Village was their second album, not their debut. Evolution was their first back in 1996. Anyway, a Global Village was great!

Originally posted by nightwish58
"MadSword - Awesome Italian prog-metal band that released their debut full-length "A Global Village" in 2000 and quickly vanished. Balancing warm, lush soundscapes and dizzying technicality, these Italians forged a truly unique sound."

A Global Village was their second album, not their debut. Evolution was their first back in 1996. Anyway, a Global Village was great!

debut full-length

"Evolution" was an EP.

Just thought of another band I'd like to see reunite and play ProgPower:

Sieges Even - German tech metal/prog rock band. Style changed with each album, but the underlying Sieges Even sound remained. Very innovative songwriters.

Angel Dust would definitely be great!! They were awesome at PP2.
Another band I would like to see is Dreamscape. Their second album "Very" is one of my favorite prog metal albums.
Conception would also be a great choice.
Eternal Tears of Sorrow would also be great. Their last album "A Virgin and a Whore" is one of the best melodic death metal albums ever. Reminds me a lot of Children of Bodom in "Follow the Reaper".