Bands you would like to see reunite and play ProgPower?

Fates Warning with John Arch. I know Glenn told me last time that would happen when hell froze over but...

Metal Blade has inked a deal with former FATES WARNING vocalist JOHN ARCH and will be releasing a 20-minute long EP called A Twist Of Fate, later this year featuring guitarist Jim Matheos, bassist Joey Vera and drummer Mike Portnoy.

Demonspell said:
I can't believe it took this many posts before their name was mentioned...

Ihear Midnite is singing on the new metal opera CD called 'Genius'. His 1st recording in a long time from what I know.

I will be picking it up.. one other person on it I know of is Lana Lane.. 2 good reasons to try somethign new for me.

WHERE'S OUR NOW LISTENING TO BOX???
I loved that, got me to check out some new bands some people were into.

SOOOooo
Now Playing: After Forever - Prison of Desire

There was a Dutch band called Jackal with albums
called A safe look in mirrors & Vague Visions that rocked ...
Does anybody know what happened to them?

I have the Vague Visions CD and it was pretty cool. I do not know what happened to them. Singer reminds me of cross between Dickenson and Tobias from Edguy. Now I got that song Vague Visions going through my head. :loco:

arnavut said:
Crimson Glory with Midnight!
:Smokin:

I love Crimson Glory, but I would not really know how they would fit into ProgPower, because i don't really see them as either.

Psychotic Waltz would definitely be a great prog/w/touches of power addition, if they would reform.

John Arch with the current Fates Warning guys would be great and why would Metal Blade not want to be involved with promoting that EP.

Yeah, where the hell is the now playing thing in this new set up?

I listened to some various Crimson Glory yesterday and I felt the range was 80's Hair Metal stuff to slightly prog to slightly power metal. But when I think of power metal I don't think of a guy like Midnight singing. Granted his vocals did change over the years, but I could see him singing more prog stuff with the right band behind him. When I think prog, I think Fates or Zero Hour and when I think power I think (good) Dio, Iced Earth (almost Thrash), the German bands like BG and Gamma Ray and Metalium.