Beale Street Music Festival

angrarox

Sep 20, 2004
Germantown, Tennessee
Just a few bands (that I'm interested in) playing the festival this year include Megadeth, Volbeat, Primus, Alison Krauss and Union Station, Herbie Hancock, and Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Anyone else thinking about going?

I haven't been back to Memphis since I finished my residency. They didn't have lineups like this when I lived there. I'm going to have to look into this. Besides, I am curious if I am still on the High Point Pinch's Wall of Foam for beer consumption.

Beale Street is a lot of fun.
My wife and I decided to drive back through Memphis on our way back from New Orleans last year.
We ate at the Blues City Cafe (I think that's what it is called), in front of a killer 50s tribute band that did Elvis, Buddy Holly, Cash, etc, etc....

Also toured SUN STUDIOS as well.

Never heard of this fest. Is this an outdoor event?

Beale Street is a lot of fun.
My wife and I decided to drive back through Memphis on our way back from New Orleans last year.
We ate at the Blues City Cafe (I think that's what it is called), in front of a killer 50s tribute band that did Elvis, Buddy Holly, Cash, etc, etc....

Also toured SUN STUDIOS as well.

Never heard of this fest. Is this an outdoor event?

Yep, it has a number of stages set up along the bank of the Mississippi within walking distance of Beale. I caught some great blues acts there along with a very nice set from Kansas. It is nice to see they've added acts like Megadeath and Volbeat.