Behemoth announces North American headlining tour

So what happens when they have a tour around ProgPower? I assume that if it's a band like Sonata or Helloween the label gets the visas for them instead?

Correct, but don't assume it's the labels. Only those bands that are getting a massive push over here get their assistance (and that is RARE these days). Otherwise, it's up to the U.S. booking agent and the band's management to take care of insanity.

Correct, but don't assume it's the labels. Only those bands that are getting a massive push over here get their assistance (and that is RARE these days). Otherwise, it's up to the U.S. booking agent and the band's management to take care of insanity.

I've never heard of the agent doing the visa stuff! Interesting. I guess that depends on the agency?

I've never heard of the agent doing the visa stuff! Interesting. I guess that depends on the agency?

The label does two things in these situations:

1. They pay for the visas using a professional company and take care of the paperwork for the band. These are the bands getting a push over here.

2. They sign the petition on behalf of the band, but do not do anything else. It's up to the band's management to take care of everything including getting the petition to the label.

If the band does not have a label over here, then the booking agent tends to be the responsible party in terms of being the petitioner. That is the burden that falls to me for many of the bands that I book as they have no representation over here. That said, you are not going to see someone like Front Row or the Agency Group doing this. It happens to the smaller bands.

Hey do you work with alot of indie agents (Not Finberg, not Thunderdome, not TKO, not TAG etc)? Do you have better relationships with them than say TAG?

Just checked out Shining....wow, this sounds surprisingly good. This is probably the first Swedish black metal I've heard that I really like.

Just checked out Shining....wow, this sounds surprisingly good.
I had the MP3s for V: Halmstad on my hard drive. I recall downloading this based on praise from the RC forum. I'm guessing I glossed over this quickly at the time, but for the life of me, can't figure out why. This is fairly exceptional stuff. And this is precisely why I hold on to the MP3s I download. After two years of collecting dust in my harddrive, this disc just got added to my "Buy" list.

Zod

I had the MP3s for V: Halmstad on my hard drive. I recall downloading this based on praise from the RC forum. I'm guessing I glossed over this quickly at the time, but for the life of me, can't figure out why. This is fairly exceptional stuff. And this is precisely why I hold on to the MP3s I download. After two years of collecting dust in my harddrive, this disc just got added to my "Buy" list.

Zod

After reading your post, I decided to look for this album. Figured I'd download it first to see if I liked it. About an hour later, I had my order placed. Man, this thing is good. Thank you for the recommendation.

After reading your post, I decided to look for this album. Figured I'd download it first to see if I liked it. About an hour later, I had my order placed. Man, this thing is good. Thank you for the recommendation.
Yep... just bought it from The End myself, along with the new Red Circuit. Quite the natural pairing. :loco:

Zod

Awesome tour. I like Behemoth live and on CD (although the CD after Demigod was disappointing), and this will finally be my chance to see SepticFlesh after missing them last year. Shining sounds really interesting.

Yeah, sweet lineup. When this appeared on my shows list, it was just Behemoth and Septic Flesh, but now seeing Shining is on as well makes it even better.

I wanted to see Septic Flesh the last time they came around, but didn't think it would be worth seeing them play a short set in front of Satyricon and Cradle of Filth, so I figure this will be a much better opportunity. I'm amazed that an obscure band that helped define Holy Records (which helped define obscure bands), and had "broken up" not too long ago would come to the US at all; coming a 2nd time makes even less sense, but I'll take it! I like to call "Sumerian Daemons" the heaviest album I own, and it seems like something that would go over really well live.

I really like Shining's "V: Halmstad". Groovy, rockin', clean-but-dirty not-really-black metal. Guess I need to check out the new one.

I've never paid much attention to Behemoth on record, but the one time I saw them live (all costumed-up on a six-inch stage in a bar with 15 people watching), they slayed, so I guess they'll be even better in a real venue.

Neil