Well this sucks or does it?

False claim booB! SS is 100 times the band Arsis IMO.

Don't get me wrong... I like Scar Symmetry... but they aren't doing anything that many other bands aren't doing better, IMO. Same reason I have a hard time getting excited about Soilwork these days... I lost interest after Natural Born Chaos.

Don't get me wrong... I like Scar Symmetry... but they aren't doing anything that many other bands aren't doing better, IMO. Same reason I have a hard time getting excited about Soilwork these days... I lost interest after Natural Born Chaos.

I see where you are coming from with the Soilwork reference, but I think SS takes Sw a step further and makes it that much better.

Well here are the dates for the upcoming God Forbid tour that no longer includes Scar Symmetry, and now includes Arsis instead. Not a fair trade at all in fact this totally sucks.

Though maybe on the upside Glenn has seen all the hype concerning SS and maybe just maybe Glenn made them an offer they couldnt refuse and dropped of the God Forbid, a reverse-Nevermore from last year.

Hopefully I am correct and we see SS in the 2 spot on Saturday!!!

More dates have been announced for GOD FORBID's headlining tour with GOATWHORE, MNEMIC, and ARSIS:

with THE HUMAN ABSTRACT:

January 4 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church
January 5 - Hartford, CT @ Webster Theatre
January 6 - Bedford, NH @ Mark's Showplace
January 7 - New York, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club
January 9 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
January 10 - Detroit, MI @ I-Rock
January 11 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabody's
January 12 - Louisville, KY @ Headliners Music Hall
January 13 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
January 14 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
January 15 - Cedar Falls, IA @ Reverb
January 16 - Topeka, KS @ Static Bar
January 17 - Denver, CO @ Bluebird Theater
January 19 - Portland, OR @ Gravity Room
January 20 - Seattle, WA @ The Showbox
January 21 - Eugene, OR @ WOW Hall
January 22 - Orangevale, CA @ The Boardwalk
January 23 - Concord, CA @ Bourbon Street Bar
January 24 - Hollywood, CA @ Whisky
January 27 - Albuquerque, NM @ The Launch Pad
January 28 - El Paso, TX @ Chic's Bar
January 29 - San Antonio, TX @ The Sanctuary
January 31 - Houston, TX @ Walter's On Walters

with BYZANTINE:
February 2 - Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
February 3 - Greenville, SC @ The Handlebar
February 5 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Culture Room
February 6 - Orlando, FL @ Backbooth
February 7 - St. Petersburg, FL @ The Garage
February 9 - Covington, KY @ The Mad Hatter
February 10 - Nashville, TN @ The Muse
February 11 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
February 12 - Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
February 17 - Rochester, NY @ Penny Arcade

Arsis rules about the same as Scar Symmetry.

I, too, was pretty pissed about this news. Jim [Malone] called me and told me the news about the tour and who we were replacing. Needless to say, I flipped out because we'll be playing for some good crowds. However, I would have rather toured WITH SS. It just happened that they couldn't make it, and we were another option for that slot.

The negative comments are understandable, as they haven't gotten over here to the US. It's disappointing. Period. we also appreciate the kudos. I'll see you guys on the road.

Cheers.
N.

Nevermore/IE is a better tour for Scar Symmetry music-wise, and Arsis is a better fit on the God Forbid tour. It's a win-win. :kickass:

Noah, the new Arsis disc kicks ass. Excellent! Thanks for bringing it by the studio.

Your avatar pic here is still wayyyyy misleading, though. :lol:

I wouldn't go see God Forbid with Scar Symmetry. I'd go see them with Arsis.

I'd go see Nevermore regardless of whether Scar Symmetry is playing with them.

It's a win-win in my book.

Well damn I just spoke with the main local promoter and he said that he has no interest in the Nevermore etc tour. Maybe the newer promoters at the club where the God Forbid etc tour is going will get Nevermore.