Best Vocals

Peter Nicholls.

As far as females: Although I don't like her music - K.D. Lang has/had a great voice.

Mickael from Opeth also has one of the best growls in the biz but his clean voice is very warm and smooth. One of my favorites for sure. His vox on the Damnation album were fantastic.

I'm on this page....:worship: :kickass:
Plus Dan Swano and Devon Graves

Female - Simone Simons and Tarja :devil:

Some I haven't seen mentioned yet...

Roy Khan (Kamelot... hopefully still will be when he gets better)
Michele Luppi (ex-Vision Divine, Killing Touch)
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian)
Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)
Claudio Sanchez (Coheed & Cambria)
David Readman (Pink Cream 69)

I agree with Burton Cummings, I actually saw him in 1977 at Nassau Colisium I believed he opened for the Eagles....was on his( My own Way to Rock Tour)
If your going to get a BC cd """ Dream Of A Child "" is his Best"" IMO

For me:

Peter Hammill stands alone. So much texture.

Robert Plant's first three in Zep.
Ozzy on Paranoid.
David Clayton Thomas
Di Giacomo
Jim Morrison
Ian Anderson
Peter Wolf
Johnny Winter
Daniel Gildenlow
Ray Alder -- Redemption "Fullness" and "Origin"
Jon Anderson
Paul McCartney

I'll stop there. Don't want to overstay.

@ Bob -- funny story about not understanding the language : I love Banco's first four. The album "Come in un Ultima Cena" has a crucifixion image on it's cover . One cut I inevitably replay is "La note e piena". Just a beautiful song.

I thought it had religious connotations, not that I cared. I asked a native Italian but long time American if he could explain the meaning. He was rusty with Italian and it was a noisy environment. He laughed and said he understood it as a man dreaming about his friends wife. Oops.

If you can get over the language barrier -- two more Italian discs with good vox : Museo Rosenbach --"Zarathustra ".... Metamorfosa -- "Inferno".

I hope you get over the language barrier Bob. Can you understand most of what is sung in English. I can't. My ears are old, I don't care what they're saying.

Lastly -- Pink isn't my style of music, however, if you get the chance check out her version of "Me and Bobby McGee" the AOL session on youtube. She absolutely nails the song -- without breaking a sweat. There's a debate around her version or Janis'. You be the judge.

If we could only convert her to Our music.....

Last edited by a moderator: