Blind Guardian Photo Diary posted

Very cool pics. I got a little sick of some of the blurry effects you were using (At least I assume that was on purpose) I mean...you don't have to use it in every picture. But they were cool. I think I saw you taking pics at the Chicago show. After the show I figured you were with the Metal Maniacs people. Now I know better. Nice job.

Ya, the blurry pics are quite a few. At the Metro, there is absolutely NO lighting in front of the stage, meaning that the only lighting is coming from BEHIND the musicians. The only light left to light the musicians' frontsides has to ooze around the band from the back of the stage. It doesn't get much more frustrating for a photographer. :mad:

I don't use flash at the request of the musicians, thus I have to slow down my shutter speed dramatically to allow enough light in to make the shot bright enough. However, the longer the apeture is open, the more blur one gets. This does produce some cool effects, but I agree, I'd like to have more sharp shots. That's just not all that possible at The Metro. I also need to shoot with apeture wide-open which dramatically reduces depth of field (sharpness). :bah:

I'm not associated with Metal Maniacs (and it wasn't me taking the pics from behind the drum kit after the show with the disposable camera. :confused: I'm just a friend of the band who was helping to document the their first ever tour of the States.

Thanks for your feedback

Originally posted by The Fiddler
Hi All,

I just posted a photo diary of the shows Blind Guardian played last week at Chicago and St. Paul. Let me know if you have any trouble with the site.

Very cool pics! Thanks for posting them. I understand the lighting issues you had. My digital camera has that problem a lot when there's wierd lighting. Still, the pics were very cool! :)

--Mike