Blind Guardian Report - Chigago & St. Paul

The Fiddler

Just Do It.
Nov 27, 2002
Heaven and Hell
Hi all!

I just got back home after traveling 1000 miles over the past two days to see Symphony X and Blind Guardian play in Chicago, Illinois and St. Paul, Minnesota. And I took over 700 pictures! :guh: Of course, not every one turns out, but after quickly browing through the huge set of pics, I can tell you I will have some very nice shots to share with you all.

I will be posting a photo diary of my weekend on my Iced Earth tribute site, including a couple of pics during the great time backstage after the Chicago show with Jon Schaffer and the Guardians. The emotion and excitement that Blind Guardian felt after playing for a simply killer, sold-out crowd in Chicago cannot be described in words. Hopefully my pics will help convey the great time they had that night. The band thanks you, the fans, deeply for an "Evening at the American Opera" which they will not forget.

I can tell you that everyone present in Chigago that night now knows that the States-based metal revolution is firmly underway, due in large part to Glenn and his passionate vision that made PP III an amazing success. The Revolution is underway. Resistance is futile...

It's going to take about a week to get everything sorted and written out, but I will post again when the goods are on-line. The site URL will be:

www.icedearth.us

At that time, just follow the link to my photo diary.

I am extremely grateful to Henry and Robert of the Blind Guardian crew for complete access during the weekend. :cool: I am also grateful for the trust the band had in me to drive them and crew members to the Mall of America in Minneapolis for some shopping and sight-seeing. Additional thanks to the crews for letting me photograph them while working. I hope to work with you in the future.

Peace.