Brand-new hotel now open: Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Located at the corner of 10th & Williams Streets in Midtown. It's directly across the street from the Chinese Buddha restaurant (open LATE! Hours: Mon.-Sat.: 11am-6am and Sunday: 6:30pm-4am) and next door to Checkers. You can see the hotel from the interstate. It's walking distance to venue - right under a mile (that might be too far for some folks to walk)

Only a block from Publix and Mac's Beer, two blocks from the Midtown MARTA station, and less than a mile from the venue. $219/night for a 2 queen suite with sofabed, sleeps six. (Thanks, Craig)

$170 for a regular room with 2 queen beds if you have AAA. Roughly the same rate as the other area hotels. About a 7 block walk to CS. (Thanks, Dave)

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown
97 10th Street, Atlanta, Georgia, 30309, USA 1-404-524-4006
Website

Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Midtown, GA
97 10th Street NW, Atlanta, Georgia, 30309, USA 1-404-524-4076
Website

The rooms at the Garden Inn appear to be less expensive than Homewood Suites.

GI_hotelexterior_698x390_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

394949_393031700784009_1441867027_n.jpg

FULL list of nearby hotels: here

~Jen

As I stated on facebook, I just rebooked to this place. Isn't this the same exact location that the Hampton Inn used to be at?

Jen, How far is the MARTA station from the venue? If it is not that far, this place could be a viable alternative to the Artmore.

Jen, How far is the MARTA station from the venue? If it is not that far, this place could be a viable alternative to the Artmore.

This hotel is 2 blocks from the Midtown MARTA station.

Hop on the train at the Midtown station and take it one stop down to the Arts Center station which is directly across from the Artmore.

197358_10150116410152943_6988548_n.jpg

~Jen

Stingray, please excuse my OCDness and accept an updated banner for your signature. ;)

ppusa_ban2_centered.jpg

~Jen

It's definitely a bit of a hike, but not too bad if you're in reasonably good shape. Met-Al and I often stayed at the Regency Suites, which is kiddie-corner from the Checkers. So it's not a terrible walk. The only bad part is that if it's really hot/humid out and you sweat easily.

The new hotel is 6 blocks from the Artmore. To help you visualize it, here's a map snapshot I created:

2-11-20133-24-43PM.jpg

Hope this helps someone.
~Jen

Stingray, please excuse my OCDness and accept an updated banner for your signature. ;)

ppusa_ban2_centered.jpg

~Jen

For you and Glenn, I'll do it. :) TYVM! :headbang: And, thank you for the MARTA info. If you cannot get a room at the Artmore, The Hilton is a seriously viable alternative. And, it seems to have a lot more to offer in the area, including highway access. Good find. :)