Camera Policy Announcement

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Digital cameras are now allowed for everyone.

Tri-pods and large camera bags are still prohibited. Furthermore, I will be a much bigger asshole to those that I catch recording. You will be tossed out without mercy.

I'd like to personally thank the sponsors for giving their blessing to this. They truly understand that anything we can to do to generate a positive vibe about the festival is a good thing in the long run.

Details of the "fan" photography contest will be posted in August.

cheers,

Glenn

Furthermore, I will be a much bigger asshole to those that I catch recording. You will be tossed out without mercy.

cheers,

Glenn

and to those who think it's just Glenn watching...you're wrong. those of us who care about this festival are also watching...Big Brother has NOTHING on Glenn's people!!

This is great Glenn, thanks. Although I have a crappy little digital camera it is still preferable to film for taking pics of friends, the occasional blurry "that is so and so on stage" and pics at the meet & greet/signing sessions. Big thumbs up on this decision.

Glenn, I cannot say THANK YOU enough for this change to the festival's camera policy! :headbang:

I completely understood why the policy was originally put in place, but I was always bummed about it. The same year I got my digital camera also happened to be (I believe) the same year that the "no digital cameras" rule was started. I'm glad this ban has finally been lifted and hope that everyone will respect the "no video/audio recording" policy that is still in place.

Again, Thank You, Glenn! :worship:

I can already picture (no pun intended) the hundreds, if not thousands, of photos that will hit various Facebook pages almost instantaneously and also am happy that I will be able to enjoy all of the different viewpoints captured at the festival. Thank you, Glenn!

Thanks Glenn, and all the sponsors. :worship: I fully understood the reasons behind the camera ban in the past, but at the same time there were still bootleggers. Much like my feeling on gun (and open/concealed carry) bans...

Wait, that gives me an idea for another type of photo contest. For the hundreds of honest digicam carriers in the crowd, a prize offered for photographing bootleggers in action. Prize goes to whichever photographer has the most apprehensions as a result of their photos, or whomever has the most revealing/incriminating shot in the event there are no apprehensions.

WOW!! I am floored!! Never expected to see this policy put back in place again!! GREAT NEWS Glenn and another reason why we love you so much!!

As a sponsor, can I still bring my camera bag? I have a pretty big SLR with a set of lenses I want to change during the show depending on what kind of shot I want to get.

Thanks for the camera policy. It would be very difficult to enforce the no camera policy as time went on. However, I still agree that we need to keep VIDEO cameras banned. (again, as time goes on this would be difficult to enforce)

OMGosh!!!! This is the coolest! Especially since I just got a brand new camera as an anniversary present!!! Glenn, you rock!

and to those who think it's just Glenn watching...you're wrong. those of us who care about this festival are also watching...Big Brother has NOTHING on Glenn's people!!

Hahah - I hope some m-effer is stupid enough to lie to me and be a dick about it like last time we caught them (someone was kind enough to point them out to me). One guy was quick enough to erase - the other blatanlty lied to me. I have got lots of negatiove s**t going on in my life right now - so i HOPE one of those guys is dumb enough to even START to raise a hand to me this time.... the last guy chose wisely :headbang:. Glenn saw how pissed I was - i was shaking and it was NOT fear.

I'm happy about the change in policy, because now it is in line with just about every other festival I have gone to. While I kinda understood the problem, you seemed to be the lone festival concerned about this aspect of things.

Does this mean that I can bring a daypack into the venue again? I hate having to lug around my CD purchases in bags.