Circle II Circle- Burden of Truth

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
A history lesson:

I'm a Circle II Circle fan and worship at the altar of Zak's voice. :worship: I make no apology for that. I thought "Watching in Silence" was a killer disc. It was one of my faves that year. I thought "Middle of Nowhere" was a schizo album. Half of it was *better* than Watching in Silence" and the other half was just "ok." Don't get me wrong as it didn't suck, but I just didn't get into it. That said, "All that Remains" is still my favorite CIIC song.

"Burden of Truth" defintely falls into the DWD/WotM vibe camp. If you don't like the melodrama, then move along...nothing to hear here. If you were a fan of those discs, then grab the vasoline. The songs flow so well together that you know its a concept album without looking at a single lyric. All of the required elements are there: piano, acoustics, intense build ups, insanely catchy choruses, counter melodies, and some amazingly improved lead guitar work that has my most important requirement: feeling. Of course, it goes without saying that Zak is a God.

This vaults in to my #1 album of 2006 thus far.

Glenn H.

Sounds Great. Dead Winter Dead is one of my favorite albums. I'll definitely be checking it out, and it sounds like the pre-show... may be an incredible experience.

Harvester said:
Of course, it goes without saying that Zak is a God.
I'm not a fan of either CIIC disc. However, given your statement is 100% accurate, anything Zak does will always warrant listening to. And given your thoughts on this disc, I must say, I'm now excited to hear it.

Zod

Cool Glenn, i'm really looking forward to this myself. I never really got into CIIC before the announcement they were playing the PPPP this year, but since then i've definitely found 4-5 songs on the first 2 cd's that are really really good. All That Remains and Out Of Reach are my favorites so far.

Harvester said:
A history lesson:

I'm a Circle II Circle fan and worship at the altar of Zak's voice. :worship: I make no apology for that. I thought "Watching in Silence" was a killer disc. It was one of my faves that year. I thought "Middle of Nowhere" was a schizo album. Half of it was *better* than Watching in Silence" and the other half was just "ok." Don't get me wrong as it didn't suck, but I just didn't get into it. That said, "All that Remains" is still my favorite CIIC song.

"Burden of Truth" defintely falls into the DWD/WotM camp. If you don't like the melodrama, then move along...nothing to hear here. If you were a fan of those discs, then grab the vasoline. The songs flow so well together that you know its a concept album without looking at a single lyric. All of the required elements are there: piano, acoustics, intense build ups, insanely catchy choruses, counter melodies, and some amazingly improved lead guitar work that has my most important requirement: feeling. Of course, it goes without saying that Zak is a God.

This vaults in to my #1 album of 2006 thus far.

Glenn H.

Well, as a fellow Savatage fan, I'll take your word on this one and check it out. Especially, comparing it to Dead Winter Dead and The Wake of Magellan! :headbang:

hope this helps:

Harvester said:
From Blabbermouth:

CIRCLE II CIRCLE, the band featuring former SAVATAGE frontman Zachary Stevens, have finalized the track listing for their third album, "Burden of Truth", due on August 4 via AFM Records.

CIRCLE II CIRCLE have created a very special record based on the "Holy Blood Holy Grail" and "The Da Vinci Code" theory of a Holy Bloodline extending up to our modern day.

Commented Zak: "This is the record I’ve been trying to make my whole life and now's it's finished. Fuck, what a great feeling it is to finally realize my aspirations after all these years! CIRCLE II CIRCLE/SAVATAGE fans are in for a HUGE treat with this record."

He continued: "50 million fans have read these books and i'm sure they have had some of the same feelings and questions I've had, so the band and I decided to explore our thoughts and share them with our fans. There's definitely some dark stuff on this record but if you really dig deep you'll see that there's a very positive outcome."

"Burden of Truth" was recorded at Tampa's Morrisound Recording. Touring is scheduled for the fall 2006 throughout Europe and a special 90-minute performance at the ProgPower Festival in September — the only show where CIRCLE II CIRCLE will play "Burden Of Truth" in its entirety along with some classics.

"Burden of Truth" track listing:

01. Who Am I To Be
02. Matter Of Time
03. Heal You
04. Revelations
05. This Is Your Reality
06. Evermore
07. The Black
08. Messiah
09. Sentenced
10. Burden of Truth
11. Live As One

Bonus Tracks (acoustically enhanced versions):

12. Into The Wind
13. Burden Of Truth

Quite simply - if its Savatage and/or CIIC or JOP I'm in!!

Ytse - Streets and Gutter Ballet are my two favorite discs so you're not alone......

So, it sounds like we're going get CIIC's take on the DeVinci Code? The storyline still doesn't sound appealing to me, because to be quite honest, I'm over hearing about the DeVinci Code! I'm starving to death to hear another Sava-esque release, so I'll check it out anyway, but I'm still skeptic.

I couldn't care less about the "code" and all the hype it has been receiving.

However, Zak is indeed awesome, and if Glenn says it sounds like DWD... I'll definitely check it out. :kickass:

I could listen to songs like "Now what you see," and "This is the time (1990)" all day. If this album has songs like that, I know I'll love it.

Though, in my opinion, there is not a bad Savatage album. I'm probably one of the few who think that Handful of Rain, is one of their best.

Cheiron said:
I could listen to songs like "Now what you see," and "This is the time (1990)" all day. If this album has songs like that, I know I'll love it.

Though, in my opinion, there is not a bad Savatage album. I'm probably one of the few who think that Handful of Rain, is one of their best.

Handful of Rain kicks total ass! It's different from the rest of their stuff, but great nonetheless!

Handful of Rain is not what you would choose when listening to a Savatage disc...Its like Motley Crue with Corabi,,,Awesome disc...doesnt fit the style of the band.
On another note...I for one lost interest in this disc when I saw Sava play their first show after the death of Criss Oliva.During Jons intro and dedication of a song for Criss(not a dry eye in the house), Skolnick was at his amp wanking off on his guitar(practicing scales/showing off)...absolutely no respect at all.It made me look at Skolnick as an egomaniac asshole and my opinion has not changed since.
CIIC is gonna kick ass,like the first two discs...Zak leaving Savatage was almost as bad as Jon leaving after Streets,so anything Sava-like from Zak is a welcome addition to the collection