Circle II Circle- Burden of Truth

Pellaz said:
Hear, hear! I remember wondering WTF was up with that gothy dude in the long black coat who had snuck onstage with Savatage, when they toured here (Fates Warning opened)....and then Damond began to sing. And realllllly get into it, to the point that he was visibly mouthing all the parts that Jon was singing, fist-pumping in perfect time, etc. All of the doubters I spoke to before that show were amazed when I talked to them afterward. Great performance! Nice guy, too.

Does anyone have any live clips to post of Damond singing for the band? :erk:

I must check out this disk oh yes ooooh yes!
I will make this comment though. I loved their first cd even though it had what I felt was some what poor production quality. I didn't get a chance to hear much of the second one due to the fact I have had limited funds and was told the production was awful and it did sound pretty bad on the clips I heard. So I hope they did a better job this time around.

After listening to this cd over 50 times, I can honestly say it is my #1 cd of the year so far. Still 2 months left, but I love it more than the new Slayer and my namesake Venom

Emerald Sword said:
Jon's new album is fucking incredible! "Maniacal Renderings" will blow you away!

....and why is this on the CIIC thread? :p

Jon's new one is good, but not great by any stretch. Actually, I think Poets and Madmen is much better. With that said, CIIC's Burden of Truth is one of the best of 2006 for my taste.

VenomGA said:
After listening to this cd over 50 times, I can honestly say it is my #1 cd of the year so far. Still 2 months left, but I love it more than the new Slayer and my namesake Venom
I'm digging it as well. It's not going to be my #1 this year, but it stands a fair shot at making my top 10. Vanden Plas - Christ 0 is pretty much a lock to be my #1 of the year.

Britt

FINALLY got this and damn, its pretty awesome. I think they have really improved with each disc and have hit their stride on this one. Great stuff! :headbang:

batmura said:
The new CIIC totally slays its predecessor, but I still like their debut the best.

I was wondering if I was the only one who really loved Watching in Silence. I never heard the middle album, but after listening to Burden of Truth once, I'm not really impressed. Obviously I need to give it a few more spins before settling on an opinion, but nothing really jumped out at me the first time through. Some of you are saying this album has exactly the sound you are looking for...well, Watching in Silence had exactly the sound I was looking for, so I'll probably keep going back to that one.

DarkTide said:
I'm digging it as well. It's not going to be my #1 this year, but it stands a fair shot at making my top 10. Vanden Plas - Christ 0 is pretty much a lock to be my #1 of the year.

Britt

The Vanden Plas will probably not even be in my top 30.