Co-Headliners for ProgPower USA Showcase announcement

Beholder

Apr 16, 2002
Houston
www.krucibleband.com
Vanden Plas and Freak Kitchen to co-headline ProgPower USA Showcase
Atlanta - Germany ’s progressive metal icons Vanden Plas and Sweden ’s Freak Kitchen have been confirmed to co-headline the ProgPower USA VIII Showcase on Thursday, October 4th, 2007. "As one of my favorite artists, Vanden Plas went immediately to the top of my want list after consulting with Glenn about this year's festival roster" said Showcase promoter Shane Dubose. "Freak Kitchen's amazing performance last year solidified their spot in my mind as well. It's going to be an incredible night of music and a great kick-off to the festival. Huge thanks to Glenn once again for providing me with his blessing and the means to make this event such a success."

ProgPower USA promoter Glenn Harveston explains the “Showcase” name, “I changed the name of the pre-party simply because it has outgrown that name and become the unofficial third night of the festival. We now have a chance to bring back the crowd favorites from recent years and keep the main roster fresh as well. It’s a total win-win situation for the fans and the bands. Shane has done a hell of a job with handling Thursday night and I’m happy to see him take it to another level.”

North America’s premiere progressive and power metal festival will return on October 5th & 6th to Atlanta ’s Center Stage. Virgin Steele, Firewind, Redemption, and Raintime have been confirmed thus far. Six more bands will be announced for the festival over the coming months including the headliners as well as two more Showcase bands added. Advance gold badges are sold-out and only 900 tickets will be made available to the public. Ticket information for both the main festival and the Showcase will be released via the festival website (www.progpowerusa.com) in late January.

ProgPower USA is sponsored by Pacific Drums, Evans Drumheads, Sabian Cymbals, and Shure Microphones.

Reactions: Heavenly Call
Holy crap!! And to think I checked the forum this morning on a whim! This is unbelievably exciting news - hell yeah Shane, great job! You totally deserve this.

This show is sounding better and better. Shane, you set the bar last year and this announcement matches that. I can't wait to hear the other two Showcase bands.

Also, this sets the bar REALLY high for the PP headliners, if you have bands of this caliber in the Preparty (yes, I know it's now called the Showcase :)

Steve in Philly

Whoooo Hoooo! I LOVE Vanden Plas! So psyched to get a chance to see them again. How long are the sets going to be?

WHOAH!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Color me one happy camper!
Once again, the rest of the fest could suck (never gonna happen!),
and to see my Freaky pals get a nice long set is just GOLDEN!
(VP ain't too shabby either!) Kudos to Shane & Co. for pulling this off!

J-Dubya

VP being announced I don't really care about right now seeing as how I haven't heard much from them, but Freak Kitchen? Hell yes!!!! I am so glad that they are going to be coming back next year!

WHOAH!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Color me one happy camper!
Once again, the rest of the fest could suck (never gonna happen!),
and to see my Freaky pals get a nice long set is just GOLDEN!
(VP ain't too shabby either!) Kudos to Shane & Co. for pulling this off!

J-Dubya
Hell yeah, man!!! When I read the news, not only was I happy, but I knew you'd be ecstatic!!! This is awesome news, it will be great to see FK get a full headlining set! I'm also happy about Vanden Plas - two amazing bands for the "first" night of the fest! Holy shit!

WOOHOO! That is some awesome news, VP has been very high on my "have to see live soon again" list since their rocking PP4 show and the Christ 0 stuff will work great live too for sure. Of course FK will kick ass again also, brilliant job Shane!