Vanden Plas at Progpower showcase....

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
So, here is the strongest argument I could personally think of for going to Progpower (though I doubt that will happen - too many other commitments with time and money....)

VANDEN PLAS And FREAK KITCHEN To Co-Headline PROGPOWER USA SHOWCASE - Nov. 27, 2006 Germany's progressive metal icons VANDEN PLAS and Sweden's FREAK KITCHEN have been confirmed to co-headline the ProgPower USA VIII Showcase on Thursday, October 4, 2007. "As one of my favorite artists, VANDEN PLAS went immediately to the top of my want list after consulting with Glenn about this year's festival roster" said Showcase promoter Shane Dubose. "FREAK KITCHEN's amazing performance last year solidified their spot in my mind as well. It's going to be an incredible night of music and a great kick-off to the festival. Huge thanks to Glenn once again for providing me with his blessing and the means to make this event such a success."

ProgPower USA promoter Glenn Harveston explains the "Showcase" name: "I changed the name of the pre-party simply because it has outgrown that name and become the unofficial third night of the festival. We now have a chance to bring back the crowd favorites from recent years and keep the main roster fresh as well. It's a total win-win situation for the fans and the bands. Shane has done a hell of a job with handling Thursday night and I'm happy to see him take it to another level."

....if nothing else, mabye this means they'll do a few shows in America in other places at that time. Bryant? You must be pretty excited about this.....I would absolutely love to see these guys.

This kicks so much ass! They could fill out the rest of the bill with total crap bands and I'd still love this show. I'm soooo totally stoked for this. :kickass:

Freak Kitchen is fun to see (not much the music tho') as they proved in PPVII, as for Vanden Plas may be a good time to check them in depth. Still nothing to make jump into it, will see if it becomes more attractive.

WOOO HOOOO!!!! Vanden Plas!! Bryant meet ya in the front row buddy.
I am really stoked now.

And I still need to get my cow t-shirt.

Man I am absolutely beside myself. I was hoping/expecting them to headline the show, but this may actually be better. I know I won't be having to deal with burnout while they are playing.
I really was more relieved than excited though. VP was expected by me. VP even has it's share of fans in this little community of UM so ya'll could imagine the talk they have stirred in the progpower forum. They may have been the most requested band (along with Pagans Mind which I also expect to see at Porgpower) in that forum. With still eight bands to go, this Progpower looks like it could be one of the best ever.

Bryant

I know I won't be having to deal with burnout while they are playing.
Just because VP is playing opening night doesn't mean you get to dodge out on your promise not to go overboard with the alcohol, show your big hairy ass when the cameras come out, and then feel like shit and missing everything for the next two days. :D

Not that I was there to witness it... but the pictures and personal accounts told the story. I almost felt like I was there!

Also wish I could be there for the fun, dag nab it. Probably for the best though, I'd be a bad influence on Bryant. Or he'd be a bad influence on me (especially with the shots). Then we'd brawl over Andy's vocals. Ugly scene all the way. :loco:

Just because VP is playing opening night doesn't mean you get to dodge out on your promise not to go overboard with the alcohol, show your big hairy ass when the cameras come out, and then feel like shit and missing everything for the next two days. :D

Not that I was there to witness it... but the pictures and personal accounts told the story. I almost felt like I was there!

Also wish I could be there for the fun, dag nab it. Probably for the best though, I'd be a bad influence on Bryant. Or he'd be a bad influence on me (especially with the shots). Then we'd brawl over Andy's vocals. Ugly scene all the way. :loco:

Ha ha ha.... actually that is the best reason not to go overboard. Waking up at God knows where and asking everyone how good Vanden Plas was because I don't remember their set would be pretty depressing. Also, the lineup really looks like it might end up being really strong this year.

No shots for Bryant this year. Of course I can drink enough beer to make me stupid, but it takes a whole lot more effort. >:p~ I think you mmight appreciate Andy's vox a little more live as well. They were awesome at PPIV.

Bryant

Hmmm..... I didn't know that, though I want to hug his neck for bringing in Vanden Plas as a headliner. I think quite a few of my friends will be lined up behind me to do the same as well.
Bryant

After you hug him, whisper in his ear "Now finish up that goddamn ZLZ record!"

I hope PP brings in Edguy or Dream Evil. I'd love to go but it's just too many miles @ a very bad time to go.

Hmmm..... I didn't know that, though I want to hug his neck for bringing in Vanden Plas as a headliner. I think quite a few of my friends will be lined up behind me to do the same as well.

I'd be lined up in front of you, just in case that ass of yours decided to make an appearance! :lol: And I'm more of a handshake type person with those I don't know all that well.

But yeah, you're right. I'm extremely happy that VP is going to be there. Basically made the show for me.

After you hug him, whisper in his ear "Now finish up that goddamn ZLZ record!"

I hope PP brings in Edguy or Dream Evil. I'd love to go but it's just too many miles @ a very bad time to go.

I have tried getting into Edguy on disc and it just didn't work, but they are SO FUCKING FUN live !! Tobias is a nut. He is so evil and serious !! (inside joke)

Bryant

I'd be lined up in front of you, just in case that ass of yours decided to make an appearance! :lol: And I'm more of a handshake type person with those I don't know all that well.

But yeah, you're right. I'm extremely happy that VP is going to be there. Basically made the show for me.

Well.... I wasn't being all THAT serious with the hug thing, but I know Britt and most especially Chris (friends of ours) are happy about that as well.

And leave my ass out of this..... although it is known to make a cameo at any given time. :heh:

Bryant