Co-Headliners for ProgPower USA Showcase announcement

GOOD. That means Vanden Pas can't be headlining the fest, but everyone wins who wanted to see them return!

This is only good if they can make it on Thursday...otherwise those that wanted to see VP & can't make it...lose. I for one will be there, but it sucks for those that might not be able to.

nailz said:
BETTER: FREAK FUCKING KITCHEN AGAIN!

In just about every dramatic movie there is usually a comic relief part...whether that be a small section of the movie or a single actor. Normally it's a small fleeting part of the film then it's over & back to the serious more meaningful tone. I see FK in this role. Funny & entertaining. I guess they serve a purpose. I need to eat sometime.

In just about every dramatic movie there is usually a comic relief part...whether that be a small section of the movie or a single actor. Normally it's a small fleeting part of the film then it's over & back to the serious more meaningful tone. I see FK in this role. Funny & entertaining. I guess they serve a purpose. I need to eat sometime.

Yeah, Frank Zappa was just a comedy act too. Yes, FK adds humor into their set. If you haven't noticed these guys are a bit crazy. But they are also technically awesome, and write great songs. Pick up Freak Kitchen's Move. This isn't some satire band. Most people never read beyond the surface.

WHOAH!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Color me one happy camper!
Once again, the rest of the fest could suck (never gonna happen!),
and to see my Freaky pals get a nice long set is just GOLDEN!

Another year of watching Dub be on good behavior and follow FK around like a fan-boy. That alone is worth the price of admission.

Yeah, Frank Zappa was just a comedy act too. Yes, FK adds humor into their set. If you haven't noticed these guys are a bit crazy. But they are also technically awesome, and write great songs. Pick up Freak Kitchen's Move. This isn't some satire band. Most people never read beyond the surface.

FK = Zappa? I hope that's not what you're saying...lol. A legend and a soon-to-be-forgotten...doesn't even belong in the same post :lol:
I had Move & Organic...didn't do anything for me...l passed them to a friend...same for him, he passed them on & he's a guitar player...said it's nothing he hasn't already heard...I agreed.

FK = Zappa? I hope that's not what you're saying...lol. A legend and a soon-to-be-forgotten...doesn't even belong in the same post :lol:
I had Move & Organic...didn't do anything for me...l passed them to a friend...same for him, he passed them on & he's a guitar player...said it's nothing he hasn't already heard...I agreed.

There are some strong commanlities between Frank Zappa and Freak Kitchen. I'm sure many heard songs like Titties 'N Beer, and thought that Frank Zappa was -just- a comedy act or something.

Nothing he hasn't heard before. Hmm. Well I don't know who he listens to then. IA has a number of 'unique' qualities to his playing. And he also tends to play some different chords and scales than almost all hard rock/metal guitarists are playing. Oh well.

Another year of watching Dub be on good behavior and follow FK around like a fan-boy. That alone is worth the price of admission.

I'm never on good behvior, and those guys are FRIENDS of mine, so
you can put any kind of spin on it you want...:p

Yeah, they sure are on their way to being "soon to be forgotten". :Smug: You may or may not know that IA used to perform with an FZ tribute band. He's very well versed in Zappa's music. As said previously, you can choose to dislike them, but don't even try to diminish the talent & entertainment level with this band.

J-Dubya

:ill:

To say you don't like Freak Kitchen is one thing, but to say that IA isn't an innovative guitar player is one of the most absurd things I have read on this or any other forum.

To each his definite own....

My friend the guitarist and I have discussed IA and he pointed out alot of similarities to Steve Vai...so to say he is innovative...hmm maybe not.