Co-Headliners for ProgPower USA Showcase announcement

Holy cow !!
Holy cow !!
Holy cow !!
Holy cow !!
Holy cow !!

I think I came close to a coronary here. I was expecting VP to headline regular show, but I am far from complaining. FK is no slouch either. They were superb live. This year seems to be panning out to be quite a monster. I am tickled pink !!

Bryant

My friend the guitarist and I have discussed IA and he pointed out alot of similarities to Steve Vai...so to say he is innovative...hmm maybe not.

Steve Vai signed IA because IA doesn't sound like Steve Vai. Steve Vai does not sign guitarists that sound like him and Joe.

:worship: OUCH! That is some height on that Pole Vault. For VP and FK to be on Thursday night means that the rest of this event will be of massive proportions. Like global thermo-nuclear war proportions. Now, my poor heart cannot wait any longer.:worship: I may have to go on Norvasc and Coumadin in anticipation. So, please, spare us the suspense.:worship: I beg of you. Name the headliners, for God's sake. :lol: :kickass: :headbang:

Peace,
Ray C.

Steve Vai signed IA because IA doesn't sound like Steve Vai. Steve Vai does not sign guitarists that sound like him and Joe.

It was because of his rendition of "The Black Page #2" (by FZ) which, is only available on the original Freak Guitar cd, put out by Thunderstruck....

J-Dubya

To say you don't like Freak Kitchen is one thing, but to say that IA isn't an innovative guitar player is one of the most absurd things I have read on this or any other forum.

I'm definitely not getting personal on this, but I have to say I agree 100% with Glenn. To say IA isnt innovative is pretty unbelievable... :lol::lol:

I'm definitely not getting personal on this, but I have to say I agree 100% with Glenn. To say IA isnt innovative is pretty unbelievable... :lol::lol:
100% agreed. IA is amazing and he's not a Vai ripoff. Oh yeah, I've been playing since I was 8 just in case your friend doesn't trust my opinion. :lol:

I love Vai, I love IA. I was a non-believer before I witnessed that incredible set this past PP. I brushed them off as comedy pop metal. Man, was I wrong. And if you really read the lyrics, you'll quickly realize that Nobody's Laughing. ;) (Sorry, couldn't resist) Really... he writes some pretty serious lyrics.

Has Vai influenced IA? How many guitarist out there can say they haven't been? They share some traits, but IA has his own sound and style. He has truly MASTERED the guitar and knows how to express any thought or feeling that comes to mind. His does things with a guitar that most can't even imagine! Not only that, he sings and plays the craziest shit at the same time! And beyond all his skill and mastery of his instrument, voice, and lyrical content, he is truly one of the smartest, nicest, humble, funny individuals that you will ever meet (besides the guys in ZH)! This goes for the rest of his band too. They blew me away with there amazing grasp of the English language. :worship:

If we want to talk about about not being innovative, we can talk about the extreme high percentage of metal guitarist so obviously influenced by Yngwie (NOT a slam on YM)!

You can choose not to enjoy their music, I understand that it might not hit you right away (don't I JayDub), but to downplay the man's skill is purely ludicrous.

Never thought you see me post this JayDub, did ya? :kickass:

You know, Alder and Versailles are already going to be in town...

How wonderful it would be for me if Engine was one of the other bands playing the showcase.

Ah hell...VP and FK are playing. I can't possibly be THAT lucky.

- Chris

On a lighter note.....now, at least Dave Thomas can MEET the band he co-sponsored last year! :lol:

Well, I've never met anyone from any of the bands Mary and I have sponsored (Adagio, Conception, Freak Kitchen). I can't imagine they want to meet me or anything. Hell, hardly anyone interacts with us at PP, probably because we stay in the theater the whole time. Well, Mary leaves if someone starts to growl on stage. Wuss! :lol: Honesty, I'm just happy we got to see these bands and the others live. This is still the best festival ever!

Anyway, I'm just damn happy to see FK again. Hope they bring some shirts this time!

dt

...said it's nothing he hasn't already heard...I agreed.

I agree. I see half the people at work walking around with dildoes playing several instruments. The most innovative guy will play keyboards using the standard dildo and a prosthetic leg while standing in one arm and whistling "la cucaracha".

*:lol: sarcasm, in case you haven't figured it out by now:loco:*