'Crüe Fest '08'

Sixx: A.M. is *awesome.* How many of you have heard the entire disc?
Awesome CD! one of my tops from last year! :headbang: And IMO probably the only other band besides The Crue on this bill that is worth seeing (... well, maybe Buckcherry). I'll see what the ticket prices run. If they aren't too expensive, I may consider doing both the Bristow and Philli shows since they are both on the weekend. I wish Sixx AM would do a club tour instead though, although I'm sure they can make more money or at least get more exposure touring this way.

Jul. 13 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion
When the hell are people going to learn that damn pavilion is not in DC. It's in Bristow, VA about 30-45 minutes south of DC. Ugh! :rolleyes:

Always enjoyed Motley.....on cd.

Saw them open for Kiss on the Creatures tour - they were exciting, fresh, and sounded killer......
Saw them on the Theater of Pain tour - glammy, slick, kinda cool, still sounded decent.....
Saw them on the Girls tour - they were BLOWN off the stage by Coverdale and the 'Snake......saw this twice (for Whitesnake!)
Saw them on the Feelgood tour - although sober, they were robotic and stale.....Vince couldn't sing AT ALL.

.......Cruefest 08'?? Pass.

Pass.

Saw Motley Crue way back when on the Theater of Pain tour way back when and, while they were decent, that's enough. Not really interested in seeing the other acts. I'll have to check out that Nikki Sixx side project though so I'll be on the look-out for that CD.

Would go if it were hitting Atlanta. Crue is always fun, I like the Sixx AM and I actually LOVE Trapt. If you like a good, high energy modern rock act, there's hardly anyone better (with maybe Story of The Year being a little better). Not metal per se, but badass rock. Sucks there's no Atlanta. Oh well...

That's what I was trying to find out, but 7th Saviour confirmed my Alter Bridge comparison.

~Brian~
Don't get me wrong, they are NOT a carbon copy of AB, but there are traces of that sound in their vibe. It's definitely a Nikki Sixx project. I even heard a trace of Avenged Sevenfold in there somewhere.:cool:

Watched the entire press conference and they sounded horrible. The new song does nothing for me at all, i like the way everyone says MC are the only band from the 80s that are still "relevant" nowadays. The only thing relevant about them anymore is their gigantic PR machine.

Would go if it were hitting Atlanta. Crue is always fun, I like the Sixx AM and I actually LOVE Trapt. If you like a good, high energy modern rock act, there's hardly anyone better (with maybe Story of The Year being a little better). Not metal per se, but badass rock. Sucks there's no Atlanta. Oh well...

Yeah, exactly. Ever heard Kill Hannah? They'd be perfect for this gig!

Tickets ordered.

Harv - I like the Sixx:AM a lot, I got it for Beth for Christmas, and then stole it from her.

Beth then gave it to me for Christmas (different copy, of course, haha). But I absolutely LOVE this CD. Its been in heavy rotation since I first put it in my CD player.

Its one of those few CDs anymore that I love from beginning to end. I cannot wait for this show to come through town. In fact, I do believe we'll be hitting up the tour at a few stops.

Haven't seen Crüe since the the Shout at the Devil days when they opened for AC/DC in Stockholm, and I think I'll leave it at that... Nothing wrong with Crüe, but the other bands on the bill..... Yikes