Rush Tour Dates

What's the seating capacity of the new amp?

12,000, I think.

By comparison, Lakewood Amph. is around 18-19,000. A bit more for, say, a Hanson show. :lol: (They still hold the venue record, AFAIK.)

Moving Pictures was my first tour.....seen them every tour since. Rush and Dream Theater are the two bands I have traveled all over the country to see multiple shows on each tour for.

Heck, I was pretty young when the Signals tour came through! :)

I expressed some disappointment in another thread about S&A and was iffy on even attending this tour because of that.

Well.....last night my brother in law and I made all our pre show plans and are excited as HELL for the show and are eagerly awaiting ticket sales. :lol:

I saw the prior tour for S&A. The CD is ookayyy..... And the show was good, although I'd have liked to hear a bit less from the new CD and a few more old classics. There is no way they can please every fan nowadays, though; too much material.

Heck, I was pretty young when the Signals tour came through! :)

I was out of high school already.:erk:

And I was wrong. Permanent Waves was my first tour I was finally able to see them on. 1980.

No tour came to where I was living until then, and my parents didn't really see the need to allow me to travel to AZ, TX or CO to see a band in the mid 70's. And I did beg to be allowed to travel with older friends to them. :lol:

Tix to a few dates go on sale Tuesday, January 22nd, at 10:00.

I haven't seen them in a few years. But they were my favorite band in the '70s. I saw them twice on their A Farewell to Kings tour and twice on their Hemispheres tour. For A Farewell to Kings, they performed 2112 in its entirety. For Hemispheres, they segued from Cygnus X-1 right into Hemispheres and then played the entire side of that album. God, that was mind-blowing.

Of course, that was back in the days of bands allowing cameras into concerts, too. So I have unbelievable pictures from the front row, the spot from which I saw them a half dozen times back then.

I haven't liked them as much in the last 10 years or so, although Snakes and Arrows seemed a return to form. So I'll probably look for tickets tomorrow morning.

Bill

Details about the Internet ticket pre-sale are now available at rush.com. They are apparently using an alternate ticket broker to TicketBastard for some dates. I'm hoping the new venue in Atlanta is NOT exclusively beholden to TM, as so many are....

Why can't they play one of the Fla dates on a Fri or Sat?
Oh well,I'll keep the tour itinerary with me and catch them on the road.
I've already seen this tour,haven't missed one since I saw them open for Blue Oyster Cult on Long Island in 1977

Rush's next US tour has been announced.
[...]
Jul. 19 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion
I know this is a minor detail, but Nissan is in Bristow, VA. Not DC. Not Baltimore. Not Richmond. It's in the middle of F'ing nowhere and it constantly gets labeled as someplace that it's not. Even the bands playing there don't know where they are half the time ("Hello Springfield!" ... "Hello DC!" ... "Hello Baltimore!" o_O) because no one seems to know how to look at a map (or the venue's Web site) to see where it is. I know it's easier to say DC, because everyone knows DC exists, and no one outside of the MD/DC/VA area knows that Bristow exists, but it's really not anywhere near in DC. It's about 45 minutes to an hour and a half south of DC (depending on the traffic it can be longer). :rolleyes: I guess I'm just saying it gives people a false impression of where the venue is actually at.

By the way, the tickets for that show are not listed on sale on Ticketbastard yet. So I'm a little anxious. :heh:
July 19th is a Saturday, and Nissan pavillion is 10 minutes from my house.... hmmm....
I see from your avatar that you live in VA ... and probably not 10 minutes from DC. :lol:

new live album and DVD was just announced as well. Around April I guess.

Details from a LiveNation e-mail I received:
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif]The 2008 installment of Rush's Snakes & Arrows Tour kicks off April 13. Reserve some of the best seats in the house through an exclusive presale ( http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN525356743_333153.htm ) beginning Tuesday, January 22. Each presale window is only three days, and only certain cities/dates are available for presale on January 22, with more to be added each week. Click here ( http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN525356743_333153.htm ) for more information and register in advance for faster site access. General public tickets are available from Live Nation ( http://email.livenationent.com/ln40.../getArtist/artistId/5224?c=dm-333149&p=611483 ) starting January 25 for select cities.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif]Rush will also release a 2-disc live CD in April, and you can pre-order the new CD and a new, exclusive t-shirt at the same time as tickets via the presale.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif]In addition, when you order tickets and the CD you will be automatically entered to win a meet and greet with the band at your show (one winner plus guest per city). [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif]
*No purchase necessary, click here ( http://email.livenationent.com/LNPD/aN525356743_333155.htm ) [/FONT]

That's the exact same text I got in my email, although it wsan't from LiveNation, but from "MusicToday." Weird.

ackbar.jpg

I know this is a minor detail, but Nissan is in Bristow, VA. Not DC. Not Baltimore. Not Richmond. It's in the middle of F'ing nowhere and it constantly gets labeled as someplace that it's not. Even the bands playing there don't know where they are half the time ("Hello Springfield!" ... "Hello DC!" ... "Hello Baltimore!" o_O) because no one seems to know how to look at a map (or the venue's Web site) to see where it is. I know it's easier to say DC, because everyone knows DC exists, and no one outside of the MD/DC/VA area knows that Bristow exists, but it's really not anywhere near in DC. It's about 45 minutes to an hour and a half south of DC (depending on the traffic it can be longer). :rolleyes: I guess I'm just saying it gives people a false impression of where the venue is actually at.

It's like Jaxx being in West Springfield, VA, though no one ever calls it that. They just say DC cuz everyone knows where that is! :lol:

As we say around here "close enough for Government work".