D.S.O! WOW!!!

I was really worried about the reaction they would get during their set. But after a couple of songs you can tell the crowd was really getting into them. I thought they were amazing and easily tied with Sabaton as best of the fest for me. I actually got goosbumps during their set!

:headbang:

As for the opera vocals, I liken it to Therion. Most of it you can't understand but the music is so damn good you don't even care. I think the comprehension of the vocals might be what some (very few) people dislike about them.

Ive been listening to DSO since i heard of them on the forums right before last years PPUSA and i really enjoyed listening to them. I thought that their music really put an interesting touch onto Prog Metal. I was really Curious on how they would perfom live. I was blown away from the start. Im so happy i was on the rail for them. Me and my nine year old brother were extremely pleased with the performance. After the show i got to talk to the bassist and the singing guitarist and they all seem extremely cool. I also talked to pontus on saturday for a while. Im hoping that they come to the states more often cause i would love to see them again. They were deffinently one of my big highlights for the year

Normally, operatic vocals where the vibrato is too wide, makes it REALLY hard for me to even hear what the hell the melody is supposed to be (Nightwish used to get it just right). That song that DSO did where the whole band was singing, gave the vocal part alot more shape. I REALLY dug that song, and the rest of the set was pure magic for me. They kicked my ass. The DSO cd and Gods Equation were my only hauls this weekend, I can't wait to spin those discs!

::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::
i freakin LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE DSO - loved them before they were announced last year and love them even more now
not only do they play music that rocks for me (i love swing and i love metal), but they are class-act people, all around, as well.
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease to bring me back my DSO?!?!?!
;)

::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::::happy dance::
i freakin LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE DSO - loved them before they were announced last year and love them even more now
not only do they play music that rocks for me (i love swing and i love metal), but they are class-act people, all around, as well.
pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease to bring me back my DSO?!?!?!
;)

I'm booB, and I approve this message. :cool:

Not only that, but if DSO comes back, I promise to dress like them. :)

tee hee----believe it or not, Tracie and I did NOT intentionally wear the bands colors...it just so happened that it happened :)

No complaints here. You + Tracie + red + black = HOT!!!!!!!!!!

If DSO gets announced for next year's showcase, I will be going shopping for a bright red shirt, black tie and black pants.

New fan here as well... I'm sure there's several "converts". Not bad for their first show on this side of the Atlantic...
I actually really enjoyed their set... it took me completely by surprise. I met them at the airport when I was flying home... we talked for a few minutes before I had to catch my flight. They were all really cool and signed my new DSO disc I bought at the venue.

As for the opera vocals, I liken it to Therion. Most of it you can't understand but the music is so damn good you don't even care. I think the comprehension of the vocals might be what some (very few) people dislike about them.

Yeah, the vocals were the killer for me. The band had a good stage presence and the electric cellist was very cool. There's no doubt about how talented they are. I watched the first 3 songs or so and went to get in an autograph line. Just not my thing. Glad so many people did stay and like them though. Everyone I talked to earlier in the day said they planned to get dinner or shop during there set but it looked like most actually stayed.

Yeah, the vocals were the killer for me. The band had a good stage presence and the electric cellist was very cool. There's no doubt about how talented they are. I watched the first 3 songs or so and went to get in an autograph line. Just not my thing. Glad so many people did stay and like them though. Everyone I talked to earlier in the day said they planned to get dinner or shop during there set but it looked like most actually stayed.

At least you gave them a chance, instead of just blowing them off entirely. :kickass:

I was definitely in the "If I see the, great, if not, oh well" camp at the time, but after my experience with them, I was very impressed did become one of the "converts". Also, those guys were just so cool from a personality point of view that I could not help but give them my support, both in the form of buying their CD as well as giving them words of praise and encouragement to continue with what they are doing.

This was actually the same thing with Stolen Babies when I saw them play at Jaxx. Was not really my cup of tea, but the band members were just so cool that I ended up buying their CD anyway.

No complaints here. You + Tracie + red + black = HOT!!!!!!!!!!

If DSO gets announced for next year's showcase, I will be going shopping for a bright red shirt, black tie and black pants.

:oops: thank you kind sir :)

and if they get announced for showcase next year, i will have some SERIOUS fun picking out my blacks and reds ;)