• No

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Metalmilitia2000

UM's Resident Asshole
Apr 22, 2003
Maplewood, Minnesota
www.facebook.com
Ok, this is my chance to see Iced Earth with Barlow. Many of you may or may not know, I am a RABID Iced Earth fan, have been for years. I would love to get enough people together to see if we can get Glenn to pass on to Jon that we would like to hear it. It is an incredibly epic song and it happens to be my favorite song from any metal band. I would kill to hear it live, and not just on Alive in Athens, I want to hear it from the crowd's prospective.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Good God Almighty, I might pass out from sheer joy if I heard that live...as if the Alive In Athens version isn't badass enough, but to actually witness it in person :worship: Actually, now that I think on it, I could see this as a possibility for a special show like ProgPower...doubtful for a full series of tour dates (Jon will want to play more new stuff), but a one-time thing...yeah :)

Oh, and nice Big Trouble In Little China sig :)

Good God Almighty, I might pass out from sheer joy if I heard that live...as if the Alive In Athens version isn't badass enough, but to actually witness it in person :worship: Actually, now that I think on it, I could see this as a possibility for a special show like ProgPower...doubtful for a full series of tour dates (Jon will want to play more new stuff), but a one-time thing...yeah :)

Hell, if you come to progpower this year, I want to finally meet you, as I met you online back in the day from posting on the icedrealm.de site, sadly it went away. Good times were had there. Finally, maybe I can get my original Purgatory gig poster signed by Jon, as the rest of the band signed it.

Hearing Dante's Inferno would be very cool, and I sure hope Iced Earth are planning on treating Progpower as a special show rather than just another tour stop. Jon's also said that a dvd is going to be filmed on this coming tour, and I can't think of a better place to do it. :kickass:

Okay, this would get me more excited about IE for sure. Perhaps they could bust out all of the "trilogies" for this show.....

NP: Fates Warning - Live in Athens

I think they should play Dark Saga from start to finish. And then select other songs after that.

Oh hell yes ... still my favorite Iced Earth song.

Lucifer ... angel of light
Cast below god of ice
Ruling hell unholy trinity
The traitors freeze for all eternity
Lucifer ... betrayer of god
Tormentor ruthless and cold
Judas' screaming here in agony
The traitors freeze for all eternity

If they're going to play an album in its entirety, I'm pretty sure it would be one of the new albums that Jon is hoping to turn into a long-term multimedia franchise, rather than something 15 years old. :)

As for Dante's Inferno, SEEN IT! Bo-ring! (ok, not really...) But if we're pulling for an epic, give me Gettysburg with Matt, that's one I haven't seen before!

Neil

I saw it as well.

Oh yeah? Where? I didn't remember them doing it anywhere besides Athens (and Thessaloniki?) in the last 10 years. Hmm, or maybe they pulled it out again at a Wacken or something? I know Jon was always conscious of its potential boringness, which is why he only wanted to play it if they could do good enough lighting and atmospheres to keep the interest of the IE fans with shorter attention spans.

And the truth is, it sucked all the energy out of the room, as did the "Question of Heaven" trilogy.

Bah! You must have seen that in a roomful of people with anemic energy-holding abilities! First of all, they never did the whole trilogy, because yeah, playing "Scarred" would in fact be an energy-suck. But "Slave to the Dark" is a kickass up-tempo melodic metal song, and "A Question of Heaven" is, well, "A Question of Heaven"!

Neil

i voted yes but now that i think about it there are many other things id want to see

any chance they will play the gettysburg trilogy? and is there any chance they will play the song wolf from horror show?

I don't know if we'll get any epic songs seeing as they have a lot of other good songs to play.

But Dante's Inferno is one of my favorites, so if they play it, I'll go apeshit.