DANTES INFERNO LIVE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Dantes Inferno Live?!

• Yes

Votes: 32 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
what im afraid of is alot of the great shit getting tossed off for a setlist full of new material :(

i know im in the minority but i didnt like the last cd much, and i dont have high expectations for the new one either, and im sure you could bet that some new stuff will be thrown in the set list, taking away old tunes.

Agreed, I would be completely satisfied with a set consisting completely of songs from The Dark Saga and earlier. The first time that I saw them was at DragonCon, just as they were releasing Days of Purgatory. I couldn't imagine them topping that show.

what im afraid of is alot of the great shit getting tossed off for a setlist full of new material :(

i know im in the minority but i didnt like the last cd much, and i dont have high expectations for the new one either, and im sure you could bet that some new stuff will be thrown in the set list, taking away old tunes.

Hell Yeah! I'd love to hear "Dantes Inferno"! That was the first Iced Earth song I ever heard. Back in 1995 I was listening to Rebel Radio here in Chicago and they played that song. I called up the station to ask them what it was. Hence to say I picked up "Burnt Offerings" the very next day.

Two of the times they came to town with Barlow and I caught them, they played Dante's Inferno. Both times, AWESOME.

lol...ok people, we're talking about "Dante's Inferno" here...the last song on the 'Burnt Offerings' album...16+ minutes long...9 circles of hell? Are you sure? It just seems like I would have heard about it if this had happened. Heck, I was even *at* one of their Detroit shows (2002.04.20 @ Harpo's), and I know they didn't play it at that one.

Neil

well this fanboi voted 'no' on the Dante's Inferno. Didn't expect that did ya? :Smug: To be honest, I'll be greedy and request any three songs from pre-SWTWC in the place of Dante's Inferno.

Granted, should they play DI, I'll go crazy with everyone else. But there's only so many epic songs that can be played in one night... hmmm... come to think of it, wouldn't DI be a helluva encore? :heh: People would go apeshit then. LOL. All these ProgPower brutes screaming like a bunch of Beatles fangirls. LMAO.

and I'd be right in the middle of them all! :oops: :lol:

well this fanboi voted 'no' on the Dante's Inferno. Didn't expect that did ya? :Smug: To be honest, I'll be greedy and request any three songs from pre-SWTWC in the place of Dante's Inferno.

Granted, should they play DI, I'll go crazy with everyone else. But there's only so many epic songs that can be played in one night... hmmm... come to think of it, wouldn't DI be a helluva encore? :heh: People would go apeshit then. LOL. All these ProgPower brutes screaming like a bunch of Beatles fangirls. LMAO.

and I'd be right in the middle of them all! :oops: :lol:
Hey, I resemble that remark!

Oh yeah? Where? I didn't remember them doing it anywhere besides Athens (and Thessaloniki?) in the last 10 years. Hmm, or maybe they pulled it out again at a Wacken or something? I know Jon was always conscious of its potential boringness, which is why he only wanted to play it if they could do good enough lighting and atmospheres to keep the interest of the IE fans with shorter attention spans.
Yep - I think you have "Dante's Inferno" confused with another tune Zod. I've never heard any reports of the song being played live outside of Greece.
Perhaps I'm simply thinking of "Question of Heaven", which they did on the "Horror Show" tour.

Zod

This is what sucks about getting to see my favorite band live...

Too many songs I want to hear!

I'd kill to hear A Question of Heaven, though...

Ditto,that is one song that I wished was on the Alive in Athens DVD,to see that performed live would be a highlight for me(shit my pants for shure)