Deathcore and metalcore suck?

moonshine ressurection

New Metal Member
Feb 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
Hello, im a fan of many different kinds of metal. So i have a question for who ever would like to answer. Iv been seeing a lot of posts in different places stating that death core and metal core suck compared to death metal. I have no issues in particular with any of these styles. So if you dont like death core or metal core but do like death metal, what things in particular do you dislike about these styles? Or if you have an opinion on why you like these styles that would work too. Just curious. Thanks

Because a good deal/the majority of metalcore and deathcore

1. Draw on the worst elements of hardcore
2. Have way too much of that tough guy shit
3. Are, as previously mentioned, a fad
4. JUMPDAFUCKUP/Bring da muthafuckin ruckus/bullshit of that nature

Not 100% sure what deathcore sounds like...

ButI don't get into most metalcore stuff just because it's so oversaturated. It was cool in the beginning, the breakdowns and stuff...but now there's just too many bands coming out with the same style and it all runs together. Very few bands stand out.

I do like Unearth, that's about it.

X

Every genre can be effective when done correctly. I only like a few deathcore bands but plenty of metalcore...for deathcore, the first All Shall Perish is good, Man Must Die is good, Despised Icon, The Plasmarifle, and the Beneath the Massacre EP...all good or great. For metalcore, I'm a big fan of The Sorrow, Raunchy, It Dies Today (though it sounds like their new album will suck), Bridge to Solace, Faust Again, Parkway Drive (Sirens > KWAS to me), War of Ages, etc.

I think that both of these styles being popular is very much a fad propagated by labels and promoters as well as the bands creating the music to some extent...it sells right now, and that's why people do it. Some bands are good at it, and they should be lauded for making good music. No entire genre sucks or is for faggots or whatever, and anyone who thinks this can get the fuck off this board.

I like some early metalcore like Starkweather, Converge, Deadguy, Coalesce, and, to an extent, 7 Angels 7 Plagues and Misery Signals.

I'm not as against modern-day metalcore as most people on here but I'm not generally a fan of it. Some metalcore is undeniably catchy.

There are many faults in the metalcore/deathcore genre. Oversaturation and repetitiveness play a big role. I think the thing that bothers me most is all of the shitty myspace bands that have been popping up and the majority of bands that play at local venues around here are metalcore. It becomes more of a fashion show for these kids that are trying to promote these bands and they forget about the music entirely.

I don't see the problem with deathcore and metalcore. The scene of it all gets on my nerves, but there are a lot of bands who not only don't blend in with the scene, but make really good and heavy music.
I think a lot of people hate "core" music, just because that's what tr00 metalheads are supposed to do. There's some really gay shit out there, but there's a lot of really good bands that each of these genres have to offer.

I think a lot of people hate "core" music, just because that's what tr00 metalheads are supposed to do. There's some really gay shit out there, but there's a lot of really good bands that each of these genres have to offer.

This is truth.

Most people that label deathcore terrible probably havent heard much past a song or two from Doom.

Pig squeals and breakdowns... those are the main reasons I hear people complaining about deathcore... yet... almost no one squeals any more... and I dont see an issue with the breakdowns. Just bang your fucking head... you dont have to "hardcore dance" or whatever... :rolleyes:

Anything with a "core" sucks. The earth, for instance, sucks. Apples suck. And metalcore really sucks.

But the worst thing of all...
BLK-9850_LG.gif

I like some early metalcore like Starkweather, Converge, Deadguy, Coalesce, and, to an extent, 7 Angels 7 Plagues and Misery Signals.

I'm not as against modern-day metalcore as most people on here but I'm not generally a fan of it. Some metalcore is undeniably catchy.

Converge is more hardcore than most metalcore bands though, so they're probably not comparable.

Converge is still fucking awesome however

I don't see the problem with deathcore and metalcore. The scene of it all gets on my nerves, but there are a lot of bands who not only don't blend in with the scene, but make really good and heavy music.

This.

Like most anti-trend responses, I think the hate for the most part is directed towards the fans rather than the music: a lot of them are juvenile, ignorant about metal in general and get blown away how AWESOME this music is. I don't want to hear how awesome Killswitch Engage from someone who's never heard The Red in the Sky is Ours. However, I think we have to try to restrain our natural impulse to smash posers because I imagine a lot of us had the same relationship to nu-metal that a lot of current teens have with metalcore.

I think that both of these styles being popular is very much a fad propagated by labels and promoters as well as the bands creating the music to some extent...it sells right now, and that's why people do it. Some bands are good at it, and they should be lauded for making good music. No entire genre sucks or is for faggots or whatever, and anyone who thinks this can get the fuck off this board.

V5 is right, as usual.

after death and thrash, i like metalcore and deathcore.