Deathcore and metalcore suck?

[YOUTUBE]uvk6fyuyNE8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qipjDg-vJI8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]z7CQ5lnS5Ps&feature=channel_video_title[/YOUTUBE]

This is just a little bit of deathcore that i listen to. Give me some feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? If you honestly think bands in the hard,metal,and death core genre's can bring you the same quality of music as older more experienced BM, finnish, folk, etc bands then your'e fucking retarded.

I'ts not even an opnion, it's a damn fact that the music is much, much more complex in terms of musical structure and lyrical content than bands in the "core" genres.

:erk:

get your head out of your ass.

Wow. :lol:

The fact that there are four deathcore/metalcore threads on the front page of GMD. That‘s what‘s wrong.

Wait, wtf, I am confused.

Is Despised Icon deathcore? I'm not a very seasoned metalhead. And I figure that the best way to discern deathcore/metalcore from deathmetal is just by a general mood or feel.

Deathmetal feels gloomier and darker. Deathcore/metalcore just sounds fast and brutal, always more pissed off less evil.

In fact, i think the metalcore scene thrives so much with young kids because its very energetic and youthful. Deathmetal is the opposite...dark and depressing, morbid. That's a bigger perversion from the status quo than the anger and energy of death/metal/core.

Metalcore tends to have guitar solos that could fit in traditional or power metal. That makes it bearable to me. I'd much rather listen to that in a rock club than slipknot or deathcore.

Deathcore and metalcore are like the kryptonite of metalheads. There is good deathcore and good metalcore. The thing people tend to miss is that both of those genres didn't always sound the way they do now. What we hear from bands like Whitechapel and As I lay Dying are a more modern take.

Wait, wtf, I am confused.

Is Despised Icon deathcore? I'm not a very seasoned metalhead. And I figure that the best way to discern deathcore/metalcore from deathmetal is just by a general mood or feel.

Deathmetal feels gloomier and darker. Deathcore/metalcore just sounds fast and brutal, always more pissed off less evil.

In fact, i think the metalcore scene thrives so much with young kids because its very energetic and youthful. Deathmetal is the opposite...dark and depressing, morbid. That's a bigger perversion from the status quo than the anger and energy of death/metal/core.

Deathcore for the most part slows it down more then death metal in the form of repetitive breakdowns. Despised Icon is deathcore, yea.