Do you listen to music when you do art?

Godhead59

Dim Sam
Jun 6, 2006
Harlequin Forest
Hey peeps!

I have an interesting question for you. Do the artists among you listen to music when you do create your pieces? If so, what music do you listen to when you go about a drawing/painting/whatever, and how do you think it affects your final product?

I listen to a lot of Opeth, Nevermore, Swallow the Sun, Porcupine Tree & Dark Suns (Swanlike of course) when I create my art, and I think it does, to some extent, make my art darker. I think the sounds you take in, even subconsciously, become combined with your current mental state and events occurring around you, and eventually affects the way your art looks or sounds.

Feel free to share your arts, people!

porcupine tree makes your art darker?

??

?????????????????

i listen to music when i jog and when i cycle, i guess thats not art but oh well its as close as its gonna get for me. can i see any of your pieces?

How much PT have you heard? There is definitely a dark side to a lot of their current music.

dark as in, it makes me feel sad that such music is allowed to exist in this world

haha

jokes aside, fear of a black planet > fear of a blank planet

You've said some pretty loopy things before... wait I take that back. Everything you say is about one short of dozen, but this takes the cake.

Strip the Soul makes me want to build orphanages

so I can burn them down.

his voices annoys me

its like the message is, even if you cant sing you should still try even if u suck

fear of a black planet makes me want to FIGHT THE POWER

listening to public enemy inspires me to get out and do something worthwhile for people that need better treatment

Don't try to make sense of him. The only sense I've made is there is no sense, and everything is the exact opposite of logical.

because rap music is always about drugs and violence right? nothing political ever nup

i may not like the delivery very much but i like what public enemy say. whats that, rap is shit? i dont give a fuck

Strip the Soul makes me want to build orphanages

so I can burn them down.

:lol:
That song is not dark at all! In Absentia was a fluffy, light album, nothing about murderers or anything like. Or abusive parents. Just nice stuff.

But back on topic, I draw scarcely, usually just doodles, but music is inspiration for many things and keep up the good work.

Amusing how most of you people haven't heard of Fear of a Black Planet which is way superior to Fear of a Blank Planet. "hi guiz i r only liek progresiv metulz, porpcuine tree and otpeth<33 :Dddddddd, i h8 hiphop its al comershal n stuf an totaly shit genre lol all of it sux balz progmetulz is betar"