Do you listen to music when you do art?

damn thats a shame

thats exactly what i didnt want to happen

fear of a black planet ftw

Amusing how most of you people haven't heard of Fear of a Black Planet which is way superior to Fear of a Blank Planet. "hi guiz i r only liek progresiv metulz, porpcuine tree and otpeth<33 :Dddddddd, i h8 hiphop its al comershal n stuf an totaly shit genre lol all of it sux balz progmetulz is betar"

why do people still think that this is funny?

because its the attitude of many people here, they might not type like that but its the way they think

courage? do you get bashed for listening to heavy metal at your college or something?

if ur class doesnt like it they will tell you, dont worry about it - if you want to play some good music have a crack

The answer to your question: YES. The difference in quality in when I draw without music to when I do is incredible. I can't draw without music!

Hey peeps!

I have an interesting question for you. Do the artists among you listen to music when you do create your pieces? If so, what music do you listen to when you go about a drawing/painting/whatever, and how do you think it affects your final product?

I listen to a lot of Opeth, Nevermore, Swallow the Sun, Porcupine Tree & Dark Suns (Swanlike of course) when I create my art, and I think it does, to some extent, make my art darker. I think the sounds you take in, even subconsciously, become combined with your current mental state and events occurring around you, and eventually affects the way your art looks or sounds.

Feel free to share your arts, people!

As for making my artwork darker... I doubt it. I start from the beginning wanting it to be dark. I actually listen to a lot Pink Floyd and other non-dark stuff when I draw. I don't think what I listen to specifically really effects my art... it just makes it better no matter what. ;)
If you want to see my art, the link's in my sig.

I seem to absorb the feelings of whatever I listen to while I draw. I'll temporarily sync stuff I don't like to my mp3 and go somewhere(preferrably a park down the road) and draw, so it's just whatever I want to get on paper, listen to that kind of music.
Example:
I want to draw something sweet for someone, maybe my boyfriend at the moment or one of my close friends-
Blue October-You make me smile, She's My Ride Home
My Chemical Romance-entire I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love album, The Sharpest Lives, Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You
AFI-Summer Shadow(or someting like that)
But if I want to release some pent up energy from being mad, for whatever reason-
anything by The Number 12 Looks Like You
Bring Me The Horizon-Braile
Mushroomhead-(some minute long song with some kind er bestial screaming)
Mudvayne-All That You Are, Happy?, Just, Determined
etc.
And in like 15 minutes I can go from depths of hell depressed to love life and pick daises.

I don't pick daises.:ill:

Right.:D

do either of you actually have any knowledge of rap at all? it seems mighty stupid to be calling an album worse than another, despite not having any knowledge of it, or even of the genre? rofl, maybe schizophrenic but at least not idiotic

It's the fact that you constantly contradict your own statements... it's very strange.

I seem to absorb the feelings of whatever I listen to while I draw. I'll temporarily sync stuff I don't like to my mp3 and go somewhere(preferrably a park down the road) and draw, so it's just whatever I want to get on paper, listen to that kind of music.
Example:
I want to draw something sweet for someone, maybe my boyfriend at the moment or one of my close friends-
Blue October-You make me smile, She's My Ride Home
My Chemical Romance-entire I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love album, The Sharpest Lives, Jetset Life Is Gonna Kill You
AFI-Summer Shadow(or someting like that)
But if I want to release some pent up energy from being mad, for whatever reason-
anything by The Number 12 Looks Like You
Bring Me The Horizon-Braile
Mushroomhead-(some minute long song with some kind er bestial screaming)
Mudvayne-All That You Are, Happy?, Just, Determined
etc.
And in like 15 minutes I can go from depths of hell depressed to love life and pick daises.

I don't pick daises.

Right.

you must be making some pretty queer art listening to that music, like 2 men having sex

lol kidding

i guess john coltrane would inspire me to draw something passionate, but probably not

Ehh sry for double post, my comp's being screwy.>.<
you must be making some pretty queer art listening to that music, like 2 men having sex

lol kidding

i guess john coltrane would inspire me to draw something passionate, but probably not

Blahh I can't explain myself well. I know that, but I wanted to take a stab at trying anyway.
I don't necessarily like the music I listen to when I'm drawing, but if it puts me in the state of mind of what I want to draw, I'll listen to it so I emphasize certain feelings.

are they what people call, 'emo' ? i was joking anyway, whatever makes you draw your best i guess is fine