Dream theater, anathema, Gods of metalfest!

aztattooedsean

crazed tattooed metalhead
Jan 19, 2002
Chandler,arizona
www.facebook.com
Dream Theater will be kicking off their 2007/2008 World Tour on Sunday June 3rd 2007 with a headlining spot at the 3-day GODS OF METAL Festival in Italy.

The running order and lineup for that day will be:

DREAM THEATER
HEAVEN AND HELL
BLIND GUARDIAN
DIMMU BORGIR
PORCUPINE TREE
SYMPHONY X
ANATHEMA
SADIST
DGM

Tickets will go on sale on January 26th.

wow!:worship: o_O

This fest rocks every year and I can never go, day 3 last year made me seethe with jealousy:

WHITESNAKE
DEF LEPPARD
MOTORHEAD
HELLOWEEN
STRATOVARIUS
GAMMA RAY
ANGRA
EDGUY
SONATA ARCTICA
CRUCIFIED BARBARA

:(

Killer lineup.

As much as I like Dream Theater, I think it is criminal and laughable that they would headline over Black Sabbath / Heaven and Hell. I mean, a headlining spot is about numbers over "talent" (and “talent” is subjective anyway), and Dio-era Sabbath probably outsells everything Dream Theater by 50 to 1 and then some. :rolleyes:

It happens once in a lifetime, but this time my country is as good as U.S. for metal music !!!

:kickass:

Killer lineup.

As much as I like Dream Theater, I think it is criminal and laughable that they would headline over Black Sabbath / Heaven and Hell. I mean, a headlining spot is about numbers over "talent" (and “talent” is subjective anyway), and Dio-era Sabbath probably outsells everything Dream Theater by 50 to 1 and then some. :rolleyes:

I do not believe that Dream Theater is headlining over Heaven & Hell (I could be wrong...). With European festivals, the headliner is not always necessarily the last band of the night, but the band with the premium time slot.

Yeah, this line-up rules already. Scorpions are playing the day before. You can check out www.godsofmetal.it for more info (but it's all in Italian for the time being; they usually have English too). I'll have the opportunity to meet my German friends for this festival before we all head off for Sweden Rock (Heaven and Hell twice in one week - yeah!). As soon as I saw that Porcupine Tree, Symphony X, and Anathema were also on the bill, my jaw dropped.

I only got room for one festival and that of course is ProgPower. But this festival looks killer. For the people who go, please write a review or something. That would be cool. I can't wait to see Heaven and Hell. I am praying that they play Florida somewhere.

Killer lineup.

So...with this mentality...Britney Spears would be a better headliner than either band? :Smug: