DREAM THEATER - New track to stream June 29 at 11:00 AM EST

Looking forward to this, although it might be safer to just log in a little later since there will be a LOT of people tuning in...

very interested in hearing what it will sound like. Im hoping for a departure from their previous couple of albums. Myung writing more should make it great.

My only beef is the mandatory Jordan noodling close to the 6 minute mark.....other than that I think its awesome!

Well, I am eating my words. This is the best thing I've heard from Dream Theater in a long time. Completely makes me forget about the last two albums which I hated. Fingers crossed the rest of the album is this good.

After listening with headphones Mangini is too low in the mix. During the Petrucci solo his snare is buried. As a drummer this is an absolute no no for me!

After listening with headphones Mangini is too low in the mix. During the Petrucci solo his snare is buried. As a drummer this is an absolute no no for me!

You do realize you're listening to this streaming off of YouTube, right?

I think it is safe to shelve the mandatory mix complaints until after the actual CD is released.

Love the song also. Very very excited to hear the album.

I listened to the 720 HD version, and I don't think the mix will be THAT much different on the album from this youtube clip. You can spare the audiophile remarks as I understand compression, clipping and all that stuff.

The youtube stream isn't going to compress the snare drum sound that drastically IMO.

Hell my radio show only streams at 128 and the day after I premiered the Pagans Mind song "Intermission" on my show it popped up on youtube. Although the quality suffered greatly between the combo you could still get an idea of the overall MIX.

Again that aside I *LIKE* the song.