EDGUY: Entire 'Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown' Album Available For Streaming

Welll it seems that it's finally with this album that I'm out of the Edguy ship. I heard it 3 times so far and save for a few songs, it did close to nothing for me. This is from a guy who enjoyed more or less all their albums before this one. The comedy/funny thing never bothered me that much, but maybe they went too far on this one, and even more as musically the songs don't really thrill me. Too bad...

Edguy seems to have become one of those polarizing bands over the last ten years, much like Pain of Salvation.. either you love them, or are completely out on them. I'm in the former category, but I can understand the people who feel the latter.

That's a good comparison. Both are bands I used to really enjoy but whose new directions lost me as a fan.

Helloween never went juvenile with their lyrics.

Uhhhhhh...... (FYI, this is my favorite Helloween song!)

Also, "Rabbit Don't Come Easy" is a play off of the Spanish word for "rabbit", "conejo", which is sort of like our version of "pussy".

Long story short, Helloween named their album "Pussy Don't Come Easy".

03_rabbit_dont_come_easy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to say.. Rise and Fall, Dr. Stein, Heavy Metal Hamsters.

Mrs. God..... Asshole.... Veritable laundry list of silly songs from Helloween.

Listen, anyone taking themselves too seriously with a cartoon freakin' PUMPKIN on their albums would need to get their head checked.

Also, "Rabbit Don't Come Easy" is a play off of the Spanish word for "rabbit", "conejo", which is sort of like our version of "pussy".

Long story short, Helloween named their album "Pussy Don't Come Easy".

Yeah, this proves my point...it was done in a clever way. If it was Edguy, they would have actually named it "Pussy Don't Come Easy".

Helloween definitely have some light-hearted lyrics, no doubt, but they just didn't resort to the "What the fuck? Suck my cock!", "When I wank at the bank" type of deal that Tobias enjoys so much.

I'm gonna have to disagree. Asshole felt more silly than angry, to me. It reminded me a lot of Mr. Torture; funny, entertaining. Of course, I also find "Son of a Bitch" by Accept to be pretty hilarious. I just can't take people throwing out a bunch of cuss words all that seriously, but that's a GOOD thing to me!

I'm gonna have to disagree. Asshole felt more silly than angry, to me. It reminded me a lot of Mr. Torture; funny, entertaining. Of course, I also find "Son of a Bitch" by Accept to be pretty hilarious. I just can't take people throwing out a bunch of cuss words all that seriously, but that's a GOOD thing to me!

"Son Of A Bitch" is funny, unintentional or not, even though I think it was supposed to be a very angry song. Sometimes the translation to English can lead to some unintentionally funny stuff....reading Japanese lyrics translated to English can be quite a hilarious trip.

Anyhow, I haven't decided yet on whether I'll pick up the new Edguy or not...each release from Mandrake forward has interested me less and less. Kinda sad, because I thought they were a pretty cool band.

Having spent a week with the new album, I can definitely say that the music is a welcome return to the early 2000s. The lyrics on some of the songs, not so much, but most of them are pretty good.

I thought the album was fun. I'll absolutely take this Edguy over anything they have released in recent time. I put this in 3rd or 4th, after Hellfire Club and Rocket Ride. The lyrics are ridiculous on this album, but at least you forget how ridiculous they are when you're singing along to the good hooks!

personally enjoyed these the most:
Sabre & Torch
Space Police
Love Tyger
The Realms Of Baby Yaga
Rock Me Amadeus - (total WTF moment till you get to the chorus on the first listen - and then like, oh awesome) a very different track.
Do Me Like A Caveman
Shadow Eaters

so almost the whole album. Its been a long time since I could say that.