Edguy - Savage and Kingdom

maestro_al

Who Dares Wins
Mar 26, 2002
Has anyone heard The Savage Poetry or Kingdom of Madness? I've got everything from Vain Glory onwards, and was wondering how good their earlier efforts were....thanks. :)

Edguy is an excellent band. I started off with vain glory opera and then bought the entire catalogue. Kingdom of madness is a good album but does not have the exact same feel. Basically they have improved with time but i must say that i still really enjoy the first two albums and i would definitly recommend that you purchase them if you enjoyed the last three albums odds are you will like the first two.

Get the 2000 version of "The Savage Poetry" (first edition of this disc also contains the original recording). It is my 2nd fave right behind VGO.

Glenn H

The Savage Poetry is great (2000 version), but seems a bit immature lyrically in comparison to their cds. Musically not as diverse in comparison either. Vain Glory Opera, Theater of Salvation, and Mandrake are their most mature and greatest.

I have not heard Kingdom of Madness, but it seem to be everyones least favriot of all their albums.

I would love to see Edguy play "key to my fate". Great song!