epica kamelot and kotipelto

angra150

Feb 14, 2005
madrid
hey guys, saw epica kotipelto and kamelot a week ago... a mini festival i must say 3 hours and 40 mins of very good music!

epica was astonishing, i liked it the most!
kotipelto was very good, but the better was to hear black diamond and hunting high and low!! wow
kamlelot was amazing, although I only like epica and their new album...

I went to tak to the bands, not Kamelot cause they are too famous and no one meet them, but I even had a beer with the Kotipelto guys! not only that, we went out to the club in which the concert was played (clubs open from 1 to 6 when there is a concert). Me and my brother entered like staff with the bassist and keyboard guy! very cooool!!! we talked a lot about how spaniards dont speak english lol... and how hot spanish girls are!!

http://www.rafabasa.com/index2.html...pic&t=11343&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

some pics can be found here, the review is in spanish, sorry guys! but your eyes can have a feast with simmon simmones! :hotjump: :hotjump:

i dont know what happens to the link, if you want to see them, click on the link, then on the lef tab, click on "conciertos" and under "cronicas" click "ultimas", then scroll a little and youll find em... believe me you wont be disappointed...

angra150 said:
hey guys, saw epica kotipelto and kamelot a week ago... a mini festival i must say 3 hours and 40 mins of very good music!

epica was astonishing, i liked it the most!
kotipelto was very good, but the better was to hear black diamond and hunting high and low!! wow
kamlelot was amazing, although I only like epica and their new album...

I went to tak to the bands, not Kamelot cause they are too famous and no one meet them, but I even had a beer with the Kotipelto guys! not only that, we went out to the club in which the concert was played (clubs open from 1 to 6 when there is a concert). Me and my brother entered like staff with the bassist and keyboard guy! very cooool!!! we talked a lot about how spaniards dont speak english lol... and how hot spanish girls are!!

http://www.rafabasa.com/index2.html?url=/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11343&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

some pics can be found here, the review is in spanish, sorry guys! but your eyes can have a feast with simmon simmones! :hotjump: :hotjump:

I agree. I saw them in Barcelona and I also liked Epica a lot, while Kotipelto was rather boring (Strato songs were only highligths). Epica has a great sound and great stage presence...Glenn should definitely try to get them for a ProgPower Festival as a 2nd or 3rd slot band.

Kamelot was good but two things that bothered me is that they only played two songs from The Fourth Legacy album and three from Karma, while the rest all came from Epica and Black Halo. I understand playing lots of songs from Black Halo as they are promoting it, and I also love that album, but I am not so high on Epica and I think Karma and Fourth Legacy songs translate much better into a live setting.
The other thing I don't like is Youngblood's guitar sound...it should be heavier, especially since he is only guitarist. But apart from that, a very cool concert.

Are you going to the Masterplan concert this week? I already got my tickets and I might also go to Communic/Ensiferum/Graveworm concert. I also read that Evergrey is coming with James LaBrie opening.

mmm the album I like the most is epica, so no complainings there, but you are right, they should have put more fourth legacy songs. Youngblood´s guitar playing is kind of regular, I think the kotipelto guitarist is much better jeje. His "i am a god" attitude is other thing i dont like, plus his gutural voice. He did shagrath in march of mephisto, I think in other concerts was mark Jansen! how cool! thats the bad thing of being the first city :erk:

masterplan, i dont think im going, i dont know the other 3 bands and not much into them anyways.... going to saurom lamderth this friday, very folk metal, like mago de oz but a lot more into fantasy (they have a double album of the first book of Lord of the rings, very good stuff, you should check it out! the album is sombras del este...

im also going to apocalyptica! oh my god i was waiting for spanish dates and they put some! still waiting for freedom call, and expecting dragonforce confirmation for lorca rock!! im buying tickets for that very soon.... evergrey are coming here with arwen and ebony ark........ i might go, but im not too much into evergrey...

up the irons!

Since somebody started this topic i might post some teasers here as well. The rest of the pics (including the ones i will shoot at the gig in Zoetermeer next week) will end up online somewhere on the internet in a few weeks.

already posted at the Kamforum, but for those who don't visit the forum:

DSC_5623s.jpg

DSC_5656s.jpg

DSC_5737s.jpg

DSC_5762s.jpg

DSC_5782s.jpg

Henk

angra150 said:

Thanks! I hope Epica can make it to PP USA in the future. Nice pics of Simone. The stage fans blowing the musicians hair makes the shots more dynamic. I noticed Kamelot did the same thing at PPV.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think Simone looks somewhat similar on stage to Lana Lane (who I enjoy looking at a lot) :oops:

The Fiddler said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I think Simone looks somewhat similar on stage to Lana Lane (who I enjoy looking at a lot) :oops:

i will see her on stage again next week, can't tell how long it will take before you'll get to see them in the US, in the meantime here's another one for you ;)

DSC_5543s.jpg