Kamelot Help

Heavenly Call

Jul 30, 2002
Atlanta, GA
www.myspace.com
Hello all! Was wondering if some of you lovely people could help me with Kamelot. I purchased "Epica" this past weekend and really like it, which surprised me because the clips I heard on the website were not that good. I bought it on sale because it was the digipak, but missing the booklet (which it turns out the vendor later found...how strange) got 3 basic questions...

1) Do the rest of their albums sound like "Epica" or close to it?
2) For the truly devoted, could anyone provide with a list of "popular" songs that they are likely to play at PP?
3) Anyone know where to find a setlist? (I'm checking the set-list thread regularly..)

Thanks guys and gals, I know you will come through!

I think epica is there first concept album, but for the most part most of thier music is powerful, melodic, and dramatic. I think they have new one coming out around the time of the show so they will probably play alot of that stuff. From Epica I am expecting Center of the universe and Farewell, they better play those songs. Considering Karma is my favorite i hope they play alot of that stuff.

Some songs they might play:
cotu
Farewell
Forever
Wings of despair
Maybe Karma or Elizibeth 1
The shadow of uther or the expedition would be cool

I really don't know what to expect.

Epica is great. I also don't own anything else by them yet but was blown away by Epica when I bought it. Great album. I think im gonna get Karma next.

Their first two albums get overlooked in my opinion. Eternity and Dominion are more straight ahead metal albums with a Geoff Tate clone. Hes nowhere near as good as Khan and it really is a completely diff band but I still enjoy them whenever I spin them.

Daybreaker said:
Their first two albums get overlooked in my opinion. Eternity and Dominion are more straight ahead metal albums with a Geoff Tate clone. Hes nowhere near as good as Khan and it really is a completely diff band but I still enjoy them whenever I spin them.
Dominion is the one I don't have.. I consider that guy sounding more like Midnight than Tate.. but that's what I hear when I listen to it.

Captain Foreskin said:
I think I might speak for most when I say the album "Karma" is the favoriye. It is my favorite.
Epica, 4th Legacy & Seige Perilous are all very good, but Karma is their best by far, IMO. Though, you really can't go wrong with any of their stuff.

I agree with you Creeps, I always thought of the original singer as a Midnight clone, much more so than Tate.

Fave songs:
Elizabeth Triolgy
The Edge Of Paradise
The Mourning After
Silent Goddess
The Inquisitor
Rhydin

GO GET THE FOURTH LEGACY!!!

I think every song on this album is a keeper. Great power metal. Karma was much more experimental in it's melodies, feel, mood, and musicianship, but very enjoyable to listen to. Ending of the album is a great trilogy. Epica is still something I'm working on, but mostly cuz I haven't sat down with the lyrics to read them all.

Grab 4th Legacy and Karma.