Epica's "Requiem for the Indifferent"

miel

Mrs. Harvester
Staff member
Feb 17, 2009
Epica's 5th full-length album which will be released on the 9th of March 2012 (13th of March for US) by Nuclear Blast will be called:

REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT

This title refers to the end of an era. Mankind can no longer stick their head in the sand for the things that are happening around us. We are facing many challenges. There is an enormous tension between different religions and cultures, wars, natural disasters and a huge financial crisis, which is getting out of control. More than ever we will need each other to overcome these problems. As we are all connected; the universe, earth, nature, animals and human beings, this period in time will be the prelude to the end for those who still don't want to, or simply won't see it. A REQUIEM FOR THE INDIFFERENT but also a possibility for a new beginning with great new chances!

coverRftI.jpg

artwork by Stephan Heilemann

1 - Karma
2 - Monopoly on Truth
3 - Storm the Sorrow
4 - Delirium
5 - Internal Warfare
6 - Requiem for the Indifferent
7 - Anima
8 - Guilty Demeanor
9 - Deep Water Horizon
10 - Stay the Course
11 - Deter the Tyrant
12 - Avalanche
13 - Serenade of Self-Destruction

Nuclear Blast has set the release date of Requiem for the Indifferent on the 9th of March, 2012. (13th of March in the US). The album will be presented to the public on the 16th of March in 013, Tilburg (NL) get your tickets here

More info about the release is coming soon, so keep an eye on this website!!!

epica-tuer-17%7C520%7C314.jpg

~Jen

From Epica's facebook 12/20/11: At this moment Sascha is mixing the bonus tracks for the new album 'Requiem for the Indifferent'. The album itself contains 73 minutes of Epic metal, so there was no more room for some other songs! We'll keep you posted.

~Jen

Posted on Floor's ReVamp facebook fanpage:

378126_10150695952522796_375003912795_12268820_1130112328_n.jpg

Remember this one ;-) Epica & ReVamp make different music and different looks but have some things in common like playing a new song tomorrow and on Friday and some pics show simularities :)
We are representing the Dutch female fronted metal scene, with pride! Happy to see them again and to rock like we did before!!!

Here's their first single:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mqs4CYXEJ8&feature=share[/ame]

Storm the Sorrow Lyrics

~Jen

From http://www.bravewords.com/news/176488

Says the band: "Here we are with the first official teaser. This time however we're doing it like no one has done before, by weekly releasing an extra layer of music, giving our fans a little more insight in the complexity and the different aspects of Epica's music. As this is the first video in the series, you'll only hear Arien's drums. However, the next seven weeks we will add layer by layer, and make the sample longer and longer. Through these videos we will also weekly release backstage pictures, pieces of the album artwork, tour updates, etc, to make the wait for the album just a little bit more bearable!"

Check out the first Requiem For The Indifferent teaser below:

The band has now released the second teaser trailer for the new album.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the album for about two days now. It's clearly not enough time to give it a proper review. But I like this a lot. In fact, I liked it from the very first listen, which had never happened with me and Epica in the past.

It sounds like the most mature Epica disc to date, though it follows the same style as Design Your Universe.

Monopoly of Truth: Perfect example of a quintessential Epica song. It's heavy, symphonic and dramatic. Exactly what I expect from an Epica opener.

Delirium: One of my favorite songs in the album. Simone delivers a timeless performance in what could be the prettiest ballad they've ever written. "When you think there's no way out, no one comprehends..." The song builds up, the solo slaps you on the face and back to chorus. Epica wins. Flawless Victory.

Internal Warfare: Right off the bat, it seems that this song is a sequel to Mayan's War on Terror. Powerful chorus. The double-guitars-and-keyboards duel at the end is short, but SO INTENSE!

Requiem for The Indifferent: Epica travels to the Middle East. Oriental melodies, traditional instruments, symphonic elements, choirs... Showcases how strong the band's songwriting (I take this is all Mark's "fault") is nowadays. Top of their game, my friends...

Deep Water Horizon: Very pretty acoustic/classical beginning. Memorable chorus. Builds up into a great closing.

Serenade of Self-Destruction: The longest song in the record is also the Gran Finale of the album. Better not spoil this one, other than saying it's quite the journey!

I have a feeling people will be generally very happy with the record. :headbang::headbang:

There are a lot of angry Epica fans on Tumblr this morning. I'm reading that the last track on the album, Serenade of Self Destruction is instrumental. They're implying that Nuclear Blast USA messed up by adding the wrong version of the song.

~Jen

There are a lot of angry Epica fans on Tumblr this morning. I'm reading that the last track on the album, Serenade of Self Destruction is instrumental. They're implying that Nuclear Blast USA messed up by adding the wrong version of the song.

~Jen
Those fans don't like a full instrumental song? Is that it?

Those fans don't like a full instrumental song? Is that it?

No. Epica, like Nightwish, decided to release two versions of RFTI - an additional instrumental version without vocals. From what I've read, it appears that the instrumental version of that particular song was erroneously added to the regular version.

~Jen

No. Epica, like Nightwish, decided to release two versions of RFTI - an additional instrumental version without vocals. From what I've read, it appears that the instrumental version of that particular song was erroneously added to the regular version.

~Jen

Are you saying there's a 2CD release that has the normal versions plus the instrumental versions? I'm not seeing that at any of the usual shops. Can you point me to it?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind, I found a reference to it on discogs. Appears to be a 500 copy limited edition release that I missed out on. Found one on eBay for $162!

~Jen

Does anyone know if this was resolved? Is it true of the mp3 versions as well? I would like them my money, but I also would like to get the product that the band intended.

Does anyone know if this was resolved?
If it hasn't been yet, I'm guessing it will be, as Nuclear Blast has been pretty good about handling this sort of thing in the past. The first printing of Hypocrisy's "Virus" had clicks left in a few tracks and they sent out replacements to people who had the defective version.