Epica's "Requiem for the Indifferent"

I can confirm that the Itunes version is the correct version of the album for those who want a proper legit copy. Also it comes with an extra bonus track for $9.99, not too shabby.

Thank you for confirming - very thoughtful!

~Jen

Any reviews on this yet? I'm anxious to hear, but I haven't heard anything posted here yet :(.....
I know that on Amazon, most seem to like it, some of the more negative reviews state that there are too many unnecessary growls and that there's nothing really new on the record that they haven't done before, and other than "storm the sorrow" none of the other songs are catchy and memorable.... I can't comment myself because I haven't bought it yet, and only heard "storm the sorrow" which I loved!!! Hopefully others can shed some light on all this...I would hate to think that "storm the sorrow" is the only good song with hooks on the cd.

I've had the album for about two days now. It's clearly not enough time to give it a proper review. But I like this a lot. In fact, I liked it from the very first listen, which had never happened with me and Epica in the past.

It sounds like the most mature Epica disc to date, though it follows the same style as Design Your Universe.

Completely agree with that. Usually it takes me a few listens, quite a few, to fall into an Epica album. This is the FIRST one I liked upon first listen. And it definitely sounds like the most mature album.

Recommended +1

I finally did get it, and I agree with others that "storm the sorrow" is really good, but the rest of the cd is just okay. I just feel as if I've heard most of these songs before on "Design Your Universe"...
I will say however that Simone has never sounded better. I also agree about the growling. It gets really annoying after awhile, and doesn't add anything to the songs. The band is talented enough without the use of excessive growls.....I really wanted to like this more, but other than Storm of Sorrow and one other song(the name escapes me), the hooks just aren't there...

With all that said, my expectations were extremely high, and it's an okay cd, but not even close to their best work.... IMO

Any reviews on this yet? I'm anxious to hear, but I haven't heard anything posted here yet :(.....
I know that on Amazon, most seem to like it, some of the more negative reviews state that there are too many unnecessary growls and that there's nothing really new on the record that they haven't done before, and other than "storm the sorrow" none of the other songs are catchy and memorable.... I can't comment myself because I haven't bought it yet, and only heard "storm the sorrow" which I loved!!! Hopefully others can shed some light on all this...I would hate to think that "storm the sorrow" is the only good song with hooks on the cd.

Epica has never been my thing, but my colleague at HRH seemed to love the new album.

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2012/03/epica-requiem-for-the-indifferent/

Got my copy yesterday and I think it's FANTASTIC! Maybe their best...but it's hard to beat Divine Conspiracy, so I have to give this disc a few more listens to properly assess. But it might just be their best...

I never thought Epica was much of a "hooky" type band. I love the new album and it's heavy. I don't mind the growls at all, but I was a huge Theater of Tragedy fan. I like how Epica blends the heavy with both types of vocals, it's a different listen.

As far as heard it all before, I can see your point somewhat, but I got what I expected this album to be. Kind of like when I buy a Slayer, Manowar or Motorhead album, I have an expectation and they don't let me down.

If I want hooks, I'll play the new Nightwish album, it's full of them.

:headbang: