Fifth Angel Singer Leaves Band

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
Singer Ted Pilot will not be fronting Seattle metal band FIFTH ANGEL when the group makes its live debut at the Keep it True festival in Germany in April.

The vocalist, renowned for his work on FIFTH ANGEL's self-titled debut in 1986 and the group's second album, "Time Will Tell", in 1989, tried to balance time between personal commitments and the FIFTH ANGEL project, but ultimately decided that the demands on his time were too great.

"The time constraints Ted faces with other ventures just didn't allow him to take part in FIFTH ANGEL's reunion like we all hoped," said Ed Archer, FIFTH ANGEL guitarist. "He really wanted to do this, but given his schedule, it's just not feasible. We're disappointed, but respect and appreciate his position."

"This was an amicable parting," Archer added. "Ted understands our desire to move forward as FIFTH ANGEL and we're all still friends. Everyone is at peace with his decision."

Pilot's decision was not unexpected. The band has been in contact with another singer throughout the past few months in anticipation that Pilot would not be able to perform.

"We've got another singer in mind that we feel is worthy of filling Ted's shoes," Archer explained. "We don't want to announce who it is just yet, but we will as our plans firm up, in advance of the Keep it True festival later this year."

FIFTH ANGEL is working on its third album, slated for release in late 2010.

For more information, visit www.fifthangel.net.

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!! Though someone on blabber made a good comment, get Ronny Munroe to sing, I personally like that idea

I guess there is a job opening for Wade.
Serious though no one can do it. what will happen here is we will see a sad representation of Fifth Angel and get an album that sounds nothing like those first two classics. This happens way to often. There should be a rule that if the lead guitarist or singer is gone then the band can not go under that moniker. With very few exceptions to the rule, can't think of any right off hand.
But a lot of the time these comebacks all disappointing anyway. Few bands can achieve a good album after so long. Sadly Fifth Angel was one I was praying for.

Huge bummer. I was really looking forward to the new Fifth Angel album. Pilot's vocals are quite unique and the band won't sound the same without him. I'd have wished he could have recorded the album before quitting...I know the guy is a dentist and he surely makes a good amount of cash with this, much more than he'll ever do with the band, so good choice for him, but bad for us the fans...

Yeah this sucks. 1st the Thundersteel lineup for Riot not happening and now this. Oh well.

Huge bummer. I was really looking forward to the new Fifth Angel album. Pilot's vocals are quite unique and the band won't sound the same without him. I'd have wished he could have recorded the album before quitting...I know the guy is a dentist and he surely makes a good amount of cash with this, much more than he'll ever do with the band, so good choice for him, but bad for us the fans...

Ditto...

-KYF