Fifth Angel Update Issued Today

edgeofthorns

24 Hours Ago...
Jan 2, 2005
City beneath the surface
The following update has been added to the Fifth Angel website regarding the band's current writing status, etc.

Oct. 5, 2009

Ed Archer wrote in with some details regarding the writing process for Fifth Angel's upcoming studio album and the band's plans for 2010:

Hey everyone, just wanted to update you on how things are going songwriting-wise for a future Fifth Angel album. The ideas have been pouring out and we have a good 15 songs we're working on right now…some exciting and creative work being done. We hope to have 20+ songs to choose from by the end of the year, and hope to select around 12 for a future album.

I've been asked a few times by reporters what the material sounds like and the word I'd have to use is "dark." Not that every song is extremely heavy or dark, but the general theme that is emerging with the stories being told in lyrics delves into the seamier side of human nature…lust, greed, power, deceit, manipulation, control…you get the picture! The overall sound is probably a hybrid of the first and second Fifth Angel records.

Some of the song titles being kicked around are; "The Unfaithful," "Liar," "Voodoo Solution" and "Holocaust." You may well imagine the music associated with such titles…

Anyway, that's about it from here. We're continuing to work on songs, shooting for a new record sometime in 2010, talking with several record producers that might be involved, and have plans to play the Keep it True Festival in Germany next year, and possibly other shows in different parts of the globe. Remember, you can always keep up with us online at the following sites:

http://www.fifthangel.net/index.html

~Brian~

I agree. Would be a killer showcase band. Up in the air how the new album will be....I get it's been a long time for them to get this going again, but I'd be there just for the chance to hear some of the old tunes mixed in.

I agree. Would be a killer showcase band. Up in the air how the new album will be....I get it's been a long time for them to get this going again, but I'd be there just for the chance to hear some of the old tunes mixed in.

It is always a big gamble hearing new material by older bands like that. Obsession wasn't bad, Axehammer was fine. Leatherwolf, Attacker not so good.
I often wonder if my expectations are just set high but I do try to be objective...I really do,