Halcyon Way in the Sweetwater Showdown finals this Saturday!!!!

halcyonwayband@aol.com

Guitars - Halcyon Way
Nov 9, 2003
This Saturday we will play in the final round of the annual Sweetwater Showdown battle of the bands. We've made it from an original field of 27 bands to the final 3, and we need the support of everyone to win it all! The AJC is doing a writeup of the show as well, so look for us in the paper in the next few days and on their website.

AND.....seriously. We're going up against a couple of good bands. We need a crowd there to show support as 1/3 of the decision is based on crowd vote. The last 2 rounds have come down to that. Show everyone that melodic metal is alive! Be there.

Sweetwater Live, 2920 Old Norcross Road, Duluth GA 30096. 9pm. www.myspace.com/sweetwaterlive

swshowdownwar.jpg

Best of luck. I'd go but I cannot make it as I won't be home on Saturday.

Who are the other two bands?

You know James and I will be there for sure!!! :headbang: And, yes, Jon, I will be throwing down at the bar!!!! LOL :kickass: I know Zane and Ann will join me, at least a little bit.... :Smokin:

I'd love to be there, but the Behemoth/Gojira show is the same night and I can't skip out on that. Good luck!

Awesome Catchy but Dynamic Power Metal vs. Monotonous Cookie Cutter Death Metal :)rolleyes: no brainer right?)

Well I guess Halcyon will know who to thank when they get their big break eh? I'll be there to support you guys!

No offense Patrick but have you ever listened to a Behemoth album or Gojira?

Oh Im not saying they're not talented, by any stretch of the imagination. Im just saying...its not my cup of tea and it sounds like everything else in that genre to me. I'll prefer Power over Death any day of the week, until you combine some death vocals with power (Raintime, A Lower Deep, etc.), then Im all over it.

Awesome Catchy but Dynamic Power Metal vs. Monotonous Cookie Cutter Death Metal :)rolleyes: no brainer right?)

Well I guess Halcyon will know who to thank when they get their big break eh? I'll be there to support you guys!

I have a few things scheduled with the guys from Behemoth. I'm not going to cancel something that I've had scheduled for months just to see a band that I've already seen a few times play. It'd be totally unprofessional.
I meant it when I said I can't skip out on it. Otherwise, I'd be there. I have no problem supporting Halcyon Way.

also, I enjoy death metal more than power metal and Behemoth is one of my all-time favorite bands, so this really is a no brainer.

I have a few things scheduled with the guys from Behemoth. I'm not going to cancel something that I've had scheduled for months just to see a band that I've already seen a few times play. It'd be totally unprofessional.
I meant it when I said I can't skip out on it. Otherwise, I'd be there. I have no problem supporting Halcyon Way.

also, I enjoy death metal more than power metal and Behemoth is one of my all-time favorite bands, so this really is a no brainer.

:erk: I think everyone took my post a little too seriously, I was merely kiddin around guys. C'mon now.

+1

I'm fairly sure I'm going to the Behemoth show at this point since it's a WREKage obligation, but if not....

agh! send others to vote! We know WREK loves us though....so pimp us hard on the radio tonight, we've got a long sweaty rehearsal ahead of us - so probably cant come down there to show the listeners some thigh. That sounds gross, after writing it.

AND....you're going to miss our new song: "BLRARHGH ARRHG NARGH EVIL".

Just kidding. Had to get the death metal dig in there. Behemoth are actually a cool band.