Hate to be the one to post this... (Jorn related)

mëtålspëd

Umlauts ist Krieg
May 2, 2004
MA
www.vintageocwhite.com
JORN: 'Live In America' DVD Due In January - Dec. 3, 2008

Frontiers Records will release of the long-awaited JORN DVD, "Live In America", in Europe on January 23, 2009.

"Live in America" is a documentation JORN's first-ever concert in the USA, at the ProgPower USA VII festival in Atlanta, where he performed as a headliner on September 16, 2006. The incredible set saw Jorn run through a wide selection of songs taken from his solo albums, collaborations and a mindblowing WHITESNAKE medley.

Jorn Lande cut his teeth with such internationally renowned acts as MASTERPLAN, ARK, MILLENIUM, VAGABOND and THE SNAKES. He has also established himself with his own band under the name JORN, releasing seven increasingly successful solo albums. "Live In America" is a visual testament to Jorn's capabilities as an entertainer and to the incredible power and strength of his now-legendary shows and a perfect complement to the CD release which came out in September 2007.

DVD contents:

01. We Brought The Angels Down
02. Blacksong
03. Duke of Love
04. Are You Ready
05. Cold Sweat
06. Drum Solo
07. Out To Every Nation
08. Guitar Solo
09. Straight Through The Heart
10. Godless And Wicked
11. Soulburn
12. Devilbird
13. Perfect Strangers
14. Gonna Find The Sun
15. WHITESNAKE medley: Come On / Sweet Talker / Crying In The Rain / Here I Go Again / Give Me All Your Love

3079324257_a9deb3a146_o.jpg

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110116

I'll leave it to others to clear up what happened. I think I recall, but do not want to start a rumor-mill. While it's unfortunate the WAY it went down, I am quite psyched that it's coming out and I'm really looking forward to it.

I don't see "an issue" at all. If the artists have to give the promotor/DVD company permission to use their material for the festival DVD, Jorn or any other artist is within their right to keep it for their own use.

I don't see "an issue" at all. If the artists have to give the promotor/DVD company permission to use their material for the festival DVD, Jorn or any other artist is within their right to keep it for their own use.

This is a true blanket statement. However, you have no idea what the facts were in this specific situation between Jorn and myself. There was a MONSTER issue, but I have moved on despite my feelings on it.

I for one am very excited to see this DVD as not only is it a PPUSA DVD still and I was right upfront for the whole show and it was awesome minus Stars and that was still fun but I am sure it wont be anywhere on that DVD even in the bonus section .Like its been said if Glenn can let go of the BS that was involved then so can the rest of us because that was between Jorn and G...

Bear

I wouldn't cross the street if they were giving away free copies. However, I will refuse to pay for it, to show my solidarity with Glenn.

Jorn's kids won't be able to supersize their Happy Meal this week!!! :cry:

(Uh..... Does Jorn HAVE kids???)

This is a true blanket statement. However, you have no idea what the facts were in this specific situation between Jorn and myself. There was a MONSTER issue, but I have moved on despite my feelings on it.

That's totally cool and I completely understand that promoters deal with a lot of behind the scenes crap. Personally, I'm not a Jorn fan, so I'm not one one side or the other. I just think some fans should realize that the guy has his right to release his performance as he sees fit.

Like Bear said above - fans should be excited to see an official release of a ProgPower USA performance, regardless of whatever behind the scenes stuff happened. A worldwide audience will now see what the show is like.