Helloween Needs Some More Respect!!

legalman20

Oct 30, 2002
orlando, FL
Visit site
HEY GUYS,

I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS STILL RUMORS THAT HELLOWEEN SHOULD NOT BE IN PROGPOWER 4 !! SHIT !! TALK ABOUT THE FATHERS OF HEAVY-MELODIC STYLE METAL AND NOBODY SHOULD FORGET THAT MICHAEL KISKE WAS AN INSPIRATION FOR ALL TIME METAL SINGERS LIKE ANDRE MATOS, TOBIAS SAMMET AND OTHERS!!!

FUCK YEAH
BRIAN

Originally posted by legalman20
I DON'T BELIEVE THAT IS STILL RUMORS THAT HELLOWEEN SHOULD NOT BE IN PROGPOWER 4 !! SHIT !! TALK ABOUT THE FATHERS OF HEAVY-MELODIC STYLE METAL AND NOBODY SHOULD FORGET THAT MICHAEL KISKE WAS AN INSPIRATION FOR ALL TIME METAL SINGERS LIKE ANDRE MATOS, TOBIAS SAMMET AND OTHERS!!!

It sounds like you want Michael Kiske at ProgPower more than you want Helloween considering they've been apart far longer than they were together.

The problem with people is that they are under the perception that Andi Deris is not the capable vocalist that Kiske was and so they seem to hold this "it was better then" idea. Anyone who has listened to Helloween and/or Deris has gotta hear that although he's not as "clean", he's every bit the singer that Kiske was. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Andi Deris is one of the premier vocalists in the world right now as far as metal goes. He can yodel, he can growl, he covers such a wide range that it's almost astonishing to me that people are still resistent to him.

Simply listen to High Live and the old Helloween songs. Deris kicks the ever lovin' shit outta them and it's every bit as good as Kiske's work.

Helloween SHOULD be at the next ProgPower. Most of these other dipsticks wouldn't even be heard on these shores if it wasn't for Helloween.

Amen!

So many of the bands in this scene wouldn't exist today if not for the influence of Helloween (especially Edguy). I spent a lot of cash to fly into Atlanta for the show, mostly just to see 5 of the 10 bands on the bill. I'd spend the same next year just to see Helloween!

Count this as my vote. (Count it a few times)....

I agree with all said above. Helloween rule. I saw them perform thier very first show in the U.S. in Washingtion DC with Grim Reaper. Back when Kai was with the band. Now I can say I saw Gamma Ray perform thier first show in the U.S. also. Now those are bragging rights. But back to the subject. Would love to see Helloween perfom live again.

I am a prett6y big Helloween fan, and of course my favorite era is with Kai Hansen, keeper of the seven keys and all, and I would love for them to headline PP4...they are the pioneers of "power metal" as it is known, and it would absolutely crush.

ANDI DERIS IS INDEED A GREAT VOCALIST...I LIKE HIS VOCALS ON THE MASTER OF RINGS AND BETTER THAN RAW ALBUMS...SONGS LIKE: BEFORE THE WAR, POWER, HEY LORD, I CAN. ARE SURELY GREAT HITS THAN ARE ON MY MIND WHEN I THINK OF HELLOWEEN..
AND LET'S DON'T FORGET THAT HELLOWEEN HAS SO MANY CLASSICS SONGS THAT WOULDN'T BE FAIR TO SEE THEM FOR JUST A HOUR!!!

LATER
BRIAN

Helloween is what got me started listening to this kind of music.
I would love to see them. My favorite era, like Wandrail, was Keeper....but I still love all of their stuff. I saw them on the Headbangers Ball tour years ago and it was awesome....

Originally posted by rottingflesh
Helloween is what got me started listening to this kind of music.
I would love to see them. My favorite era, like Wandrail, was Keeper....but I still love all of their stuff. I saw them on the Headbangers Ball tour years ago and it was awesome....

My first time hearing and seeing Helloween was seeing the video for "Halloween" on the Headbanger's Ball back around '89 or '90. :) Wouldn't mind seeing them live, though. :)

--Mike

Beyond the fact that Helloween is such an awesome band, let's not forget all the cool side projects and new bands they've spawned--

Gamma Ray
Michael Kiske solo
Andi Deris solo
Roland Grapow solo
Shok Machine
Catch The Rainbow
Masterplan

.... and others!

Maybe we should all just e-mail Mr Harveston to ask him to book a Helloween concert any time if not at the next ProgPower!