Here one for ya!!! The best Prog Power Band

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
I am not even talking about the fest. I mean the best band that has both qualities, prog and power metal. I think a band that encompass' all those qualities that we want out of both genre's in one....

I have mine, I'll await some feedback first...

NP: Dead Soul Tribe - The Messenger

While I want to say Edguy as a personal favorite, it'd seriously be lacking in the prog area...I guess I'd have to go with:

KAMELOT. Decent mix of Prog and Power, incorporates variations on the theme (some death vocals, some female vocals), wide range of songs from machine gun double bass to sappy piano ballads, stellar musicianship, and gets an overall positive response on this board.

General Zod said:
1st - Nevermore
2nd - Symphony X
3rd - Angra

Zod

I don't hear much prog in Nevemore, but if they fit into the category they would be my choice as well.

Or the second choice anyway.. Conception in number 1 for me :) It might not be clear cut power metal, but there is some power metal in there.. Specially on Parallel Minds!

Damn I can't can't come up with too many bands that blend it well.
Sym X is the only one that stands out for me right now.

Nightwish does but Tarja added a third opera element so it's a triple blend.

Bands like Mercenary and Into Eternity are even more of meritage..

I give up

:erk:

okay well to me Angra, Kamelot , Symphony X, Evergrey all fit that mold but the prefect blend to me would go to Kamelot. They take the power and the melodies and the progressive and blend it together pretty damn awesomely! Is that a word

symphonyx.jpg