Here one for ya!!! The best Prog Power Band

Where's the prog in Labyrinth, I'm just curious to see what you have to say.. I dont know them enough, so I couldn't really tell...All I know was pretty much power metal.

AngraRULES said:
Where's the prog in Labyrinth, I'm just curious to see what you have to say.. I dont know them enough, so I couldn't really tell...All I know was pretty much power metal.

Their last couple albums, especially Freeman, have strong prog influences.

booB said:
Their last couple albums, especially Freeman, have strong prog influences.

Exactly, they are kinda "on the line" but if you listen closely, I think
their last few releases qualify...

I would also agree that it would be Angra and Symphony X..........

However, defining what power metal and what prog metal is can be difficult and it varies from person to person.
Leatherwolf is playing the pre party this year and I don't consider them prog-metal at all, yet if I were to try and learn some of their uber complexed dual guitar riffs, it would take longer to learn than guitar riffs from many prog-metal bands out there......so....it's really hard to say.

Bryant

General Zod said:
Really? I would say that what Loomis and Williams do is as technical as anything the guys in SX or Angra are doing.

Zod

Being Technical doesn't mean its prog, though :) I mean, I went to a show yesterday that was more technical than pretty much any prog show... and it was the Dave Matthews band.. :)

When I think prog metal I don't think Nevermore, as technical as they are...

Bryant said:
I would also agree that it would be Angra and Symphony X..........

However, defining what power metal and what prog metal is can be difficult and it varies from person to person.
Leatherwolf is playing the pre party this year and I don't consider them prog-metal at all, yet if I were to try and learn some of their uber complexed dual guitar riffs, it would take longer to learn than guitar riffs from many prog-metal bands out there......so....it's really hard to say.

Bryant

Amen bro - precisely the way I feel about it!!!