In case anyone was wondering...

lasercd

Man Behind The Curtain
Dec 26, 2002
www.lasercd.com
...our website had a massive server crash around 11 am. We have been told that the site will be restored sometime between 11 pm to 4 am. Wonderful. :cry:

So...since I have all this time on my hands I might as well let you in on where we stand with our new website(s).

There will be two new websites launched soon:

1. This will be a completely new version of the store. It's really amazing looking and has a lot more functionality. There are quite a number of new features and more will be added once we roll out the site. It will also be stable. About three years ago I was worn down from the constant outages/crashes. We went through two false starts with new websites that never launched. This new one is imminent - we are in the process of moving our database over and generally making sure it is bug free. I am really excited about this site since I see it has plenty of room for upgrades and additional features down the road.

2. The second website will deal exclusively with our label activities. A new domain name has been secured. This will be the place to check out all the news and information on our three labels. This will actually launch a bit sooner than the storefront site. I'm in the process of uploading mp3s, filling in biographical information, photos, etc.

Chad Hutchinson did a marvelous job with both websites. I think you will be really impressed and more importantly it will be a better experience when you visit our sites.

OK...now back to work...

Ken Golden

Website is now back up and functional....hopefully the transition to the new sites will happen sooner rather than later.

Ken Golden

We actually discussed what would be the best method and decided that it would make the most sense if everyone re-registered. It won't take very long and it will clean up our database tremendously. Some of our customers move or forget passwords so they re-register and I have them in the database 3 or 4 times. It's a one shot inconvenience that will take 30 seconds when you check out the first time you order from the new site.

Ken Golden