insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
if that is the case, Virgin Steele would get a top 2 spot, but apparently it is awarded, not earned here. But most kiddies like newer bands with their double bass drums and shiny cds covers.

Not me..I like shitty artwork and 5 piece drum sets!!! Get your facts strait!!!

They are. I've got a feeling that their headlining status is almost entirely due to their inexplicable popularity in the US over other very similar bands. The fact of the matter is, Sonata headlining will sell, Virgin Steele headlining won't.

well, why not go for the likes of Slipknot or Limp Bizkit they will sell even more... and that is a proven fact.

LOL You should change your name to Pun Master....Freak Kitchen is awesome, you like what you like, I like the good stuff, I know its hard to have great taste in music like myself, but thanks for trying, try again...

you don't like Virgin Steele I call that poor taste in music.

And I bet you're basing the anti Freak Kitchen on not even having given them a listen to. You saw Virgin Steele for $10 in a bar in Long Island...... Maybe that says something about why they aren't headlining. But then again, you already know they don't deserve the spot and are only here to be a troll.

And I bet you're basing the anti Freak Kitchen on not even having given them a listen to. You saw Virgin Steele for $10 in a bar in Long Island...... Maybe that says something about why they aren't headlining. But then again, you already know they don't deserve the spot and are only here to be a troll.

I know they DO deserve that spot and Sonata does not

So you base your opinion on bands on other people's reviews? I believe Justin Timberlake's last album got rave reviews. Lets have him headline.

kid, why don't you compare reviews for Virgin Steele and Sonata Arctica if you are clueless
I think you are the one who is clueless, this is a PROG POWER festival, of course SA are going to get top spot. They have proven themselves worthy of having it because they can draw a large crowd, what don't you get about this? If VS was to have top spot, most of the people there to see Sonata Arctica perform would probably leave after they were done playing. This is a buisness, people need to make money. Glenn would be one broke son of a bitch if he got unknown bands to perform at progpower every year as headliners.

If Virgin Steele performed in NYC they would get a bigger crowd than Sonata Arctica who I am sure don't draw a very large crowd.
If they could, then why don't they? Sonata Arctica drew a very large crowd at B.B. Kings and put on a very engergized show.

if that is the case, Virgin Steele would get a top 2 spot, but apparently it is awarded, not earned here. But most kiddies like newer bands with their double bass drums and shiny cds covers.
Kiddies? :lol: Didn't see all that many "kiddies" at the shows I went to.

Reactions: Heavenly Call
I think you are the one who is clueless, this is a PROG POWER festival, of course SA are going to get top spot. They have proven themselves worthy of having it because they can draw a large crowd, what don't you get about this? If VS was to have top spot, most of the people there to see Sonata Arctica perform would probably leave after they were done playing. This is a buisness, people need to make money. Glenn would be one broke son of a bitch if he got unknown bands to perform at progpower every year as headliners.

so Virgin Steele is unknown? thank god, Prog Power discovered them after 20 years :puke:

you sure do them a big favor by putting them 4th out of 5, could have at least put them 2nd or 3rd. And I don't believe Sonata Arctica are that popular to get a top spot.

I do. We opened for VS, and there were less than 100 people there - and we drew most of them. We opened for Sonata, and the place sold out, with very little effort on our end. Sonata's not my favorite band, either, but they're definitely a much bigger draw than VS...

If they could, then why don't they? Sonata Arctica drew a very large crowd at B.B. Kings and put on a very engergized show.

I don't know, maybe because BB King won't allow a flaming sword on stage...

But Sonata was barely able to fill tiny BB King's while co headlining with Overkill

I do. We opened for VS, and there were less than 100 people there - and we drew most of them. We opened for Sonata, and the place sold out, with very little effort on our end. Sonata's not my favorite band, either, but they're definitely a much bigger draw than VS...

:lol: right

Status
Not open for further replies.