It's Done

:D Thanks booB! I actually had Opeth on the list but erased it for the very reason you mentioned. And I'm not familiar with the others. But I'll look into them and put my list together soon. Although it may not be as pretty as some that have been posted already. :cry:

:loco:

Rider Of Theli said:
Besides obvious returning band choices such as Symphony X and ARK, can anyone suggest a Progressive Metal headliner and/or co-headliner?

I'm not really sure. Out of all the real progressive bands I have that aren't impossibilities and haven't played Prog-Power already, Arcturus is the band who have been around the longest. Arcturus have been around longer than any prog band that have played Prog-Power besides Pain Of Salvation, since Arcturus started in 1987 under a different name. To tell the truth, I'm a little less interested in seeing them since Garm left, although I would still love to see them live, and I can't imagine a one-show reunion with Garm happening. Oh, I forgot earlier to add the part about that I would be suprised to see them in a spot above three, just because of the nature of the festival.

Edit: What about Green Carnation? I haven't gotten any of their albums yet, but they seem to have a rather large following here. Borknagar is another band I don't know all that well who seem to be rather popular.

I think I might not have been realistic with the Ulver idea. They probably haven't been "metal" enough for Prog-Power. 'Themes From William Blake's The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell' is their most metal non-black metal album, and it's still heavily electronic, so I guess they're not really a possibility for this type festival.

To booB:

I would think Opeth are much to big for Prog-Power, and if not now, they will be in another year. I bet you they'll be playing OzzFest within two years. I really don't know how big the Watchtower fanbase is, them being a classic band, but I wouldn't have guessed they were huge. I just know about them, although I love Spastic Ink.

Thanks 'Pumpkin! I'll take all of your suggestions into consideration. I was just sampling Green Carnation a few days ago. Not bad. They seem to be a bit like a Therion-lite... similar chords and melodies but without all the choirs and 'drama'. At least that's what it made me think of with the couple of songs I heard.

ok... off to plot my lineup... :devil:

AngraRULES said:
You cant forget Evergrey and Pain of Salvation!! =)

note, I said this: "Besides obvious returning band choices such as Symphony X and ARK..." and that should include any other returning regulars such as the ones you mentioned. I was looking for something original.

:D

Barking Pumpkin said:
I would think Opeth are much to big for Prog-Power, and if not now, they will be in another year.

Quite possible, and well-deserved if so. Ghost Reveries is a great CD. They're not getting much of a college hard-rock/metal radio push, though. :yell:

I bet you they'll be playing OzzFest within two years.

They were already offered a slot on OzzFest and declined.

Besides, in two years, Ghu willing, OzzFest won't exist; it will have been replaced by ProgPower: The Travelling Show. :tickled:

Harvester said:
Running Wild- No offense to their fans, but they simply aren't headline material here in the States. Yes, they have a cult following that would be vocal. However, I don't think they have even the appeal of Rage and we all know what happened there.

mtlheart said:
Running Wild: I'd like to see them, but they're not on the top of my list by any means.

it's interesting, I see these guys pop up from time to time here as a band a few peeps would like to see here in the states... including myself, which I think I have mentioned before somewhere elese here. But, a majority PP attendee's seem to be unaware of their talent, so it's only obvious that them headling would have a "Rage effect" :tickled: :D

But what still boggles me is how these guys (much like Rage), who are one of the founding fathers of euro-power metal (along side countrymen Helloween, Grave Digger, Blind Guardian ect. ect.) - and in some cirlces - are considred Thrash/Black Metal pioneers (see their debut album Branded & Exiled for more info!). How they seem to have fallen through the cracks in America when it comes to the power metal resurgance is strange. Possibly due to the fact that when this resurgance accured in the late 90's, most of their recent/current catalauge was import only (the GUN records titles specificly), and Noise Records pulled out of the sates around 96'-97' once again, so many metal fans didn't have the option to buy them bindly in a brink-n-motar store like they could the Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray or Helloween when CM, Castle or Music For Nations put them out here in the states. Just a theory. :D

So on this, I have to defainatly agree... they are NOT headlining material in the U.S. However, 3rd slot - or at a streach ... 4th slot - would still do them pleanty justice. Wether Rolf would go for it is yet another story... He would be nuts to not agree to it; he is certainly aware they need more exposure in the states. :cool: either way - I will certainly shit msyelf if they ever come to the states... I have waited 16 years to see them live.

www.running-wild.net

Okay... I'll go back to sleep :headbang:

\m/
Dustin - Running Wild fan since 94'

Dustin said:
it's interesting, I see these guys pop up from time to time here as a band a few peeps would like to see here in the states... including myself, which I think I have mentioned before somewhere elese here. But, a majority PP attendee's seem to be unaware of their talent, so it's only obvious that them headling would have a "Rage effect" :tickled: :D

But what still boggles me is how these guys (much like Rage), who are one of the founding fathers of euro-power metal (along side countrymen Helloween, Grave Digger, Blind Guardian ect. ect.) - and in some cirlces - are considred Thrash/Black Metal pioneers (see their debut album Branded & Exiled for more info!). How they seem to have fallen through the cracks in America when it comes to the power metal resurgance is strange. Possibly due to the fact that when this resurgance accured in the late 90's, most of their recent/current catalauge was import only (the GUN records titles specificly), and Noise Records pulled out of the sates around 96'-97' once again, so many metal fans didn't have the option to buy them bindly in a brink-n-motar store like they could the Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray or Helloween when CM, Castle or Music For Nations put them out here in the states. Just a theory. :D

So on this, I have to defainatly agree... they are NOT headlining material in the U.S. However, 3rd slot - or at a streach ... 4th slot - would still do them pleanty justice. Wether Rolf would go for it is yet another story... He would be nuts to not agree to it; he is certainly aware they need more exposure in the states. :cool: either way - I will certainly shit msyelf if they ever come to the states... I have waited 16 years to see them live.

www.running-wild.net

Okay... I'll go back to sleep :headbang:

\m/
Dustin - Running Wild fan since 94'
I agree wholeheartedly! I'll settle for a 3rd slot if that's what it takes to get RUNNING WILD here! They at least deserve that much!

AngraRULES said:
And leave out the wonderful discography they have, which is way better than Be? Come on man, seriously....

Hmm....I think 'BE' is their best album. Well, see signature. :p