"Judas Priest" on America Idol last night...

I never watch this show anymore, but I just happened to be sitting there when he performed this. I was impressed. Good for him!

now if we could get america do to something like these two vids. this kid looks really young too!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eMD4iHSQcc&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
He is not Ari Koivunen, but Jesus H. Christ this guy is good.

EDIT: Shit, Camden, how did you know what I was thinking?:worship::worship:

He is not Ari Koivunen, but Jesus H. Christ this guy is good.

EDIT: Shit, Camden, how did you know what I was thinking?:worship::worship:

I don't understand the obsession with that guy. I think he is HORRIBLE. And for good measure, he ruined one of the most promising up and coming Finnish bands with his shitty vocals. It's like just because he sings some Finnish power metal that people outside of Finland think he's hot stuff? Simon Cowell would've pooped on his face if he was doing American Idol. I mean this guy doing You've Got Another Thing Coming in the OP is sooo much better. I don't get how there can even be a comparison.

I don't understand the obsession with that guy. I think he is HORRIBLE. And for good measure, he ruined one of the most promising up and coming Finnish bands with his shitty vocals. It's like just because he sings some Finnish power metal that people outside of Finland think he's hot stuff? Simon Cowell would've pooped on his face if he was doing American Idol. I mean this guy doing You've Got Another Thing Coming in the OP is sooo much better. I don't get how there can even be a comparison.

Koivunen is a fine singer IMO. His 2 solo albums are very good. You say he ruined AMORAL with his shitty vox. I think you're not fair. The band obviously wanted a change of sound when they picked him and Koivunen fits most of the songs I'd say. Maybe not the thrash ones as much but still...

Koivunen is a fine singer IMO. His 2 solo albums are very good. You say he ruined AMORAL with his shitty vox. I think you're not fair. The band obviously wanted a change of sound when they picked him and Koivunen fits most of the songs I'd say. Maybe not the thrash ones as much but still...

Psh, he sounds like Justin Beiber with a frog in his throat after he took a linguistics class.

now if we could get america do to something like these two vids. this kid looks really young too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C17r5hOO0tQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eMD4iHSQcc&feature=related

Very good, never heard of him. So this is the European Idol winner on European Idol?

Edit: Just looked him up, Finnish Idol, sweet. Man why can't we have this over here:( I wished more people would do metal songs on American Idol. Don't watch it but if they did I likely would.

I agree. Ari has little stage presence and his vocal performance is solid but nothing amazing. I'm more impressed by the guy doing the Priest cover.

Ari's solo album that i own is at best "meh"