"Judas Priest" on America Idol last night...

I don't watch AI anymore, but this kid did a great job! I give him props for including the "ball squeezing" vox! He didn't try to screw it up by taking the traditional sound out or anything...very cool!

~Brian~

Sorry to hear it didn't work out dude. So is second round still at the stadium event or did you make it in front of the judges?

There are 3 different rounds...

1st round is the stadium where 15 to 20 thousand people go up in front of various tv/music producers at 11 or 12 different "stations"

2nd round is in a different location and is much more like what you see on tv as far as the auditions go. They have a stage like you see on tv and such, but you go in front of the actual producers and top music execs from the label.

3rd round is the Randy/J-Lo/Tyler round.

I'm not marketable enough...that's why I sing in prog music. :)

I have officially watched more of AI just now than all other seasons combined. I googled this guy and found something interesting:

"American Idol" found a genuine rocker in San Francisco in the form of James Durbin. Not only that, but poor James overcame such obstacles as a father who OD'd when he was nine years old, being diagnosed with Tourettes and Asperger's syndromes and having a son at the age of 21 (which is his own deal, he takes full responsibility).

Then Steven Tyler gets Tourettes after the performance...